Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A heartless hand on my shoulder, a push - and its over

I think I can confirm...I've been to hell. Also known as the Japanese market, three days before New Year's. The parking lot is madness, near accidents, honking - luckily I have insanely good parking karma and I have never had to wait for parking...ever. Whenever I go to the mall, or an amusement park, sure the getting there gives me complete road rage, but the parking situation always works in my favor. Go figure.

But once inside - it was chaos. The thing about Japanese New Year is that everyone is making the same things because you HAVE to have certain dishes. It's tradition. The store knows this and does their best to put all those ingredients in the center for people to just go and grab, but getting there ain't easy. It's very 'Supermarket Sweep' in there.The game plan was having my SIL stand by the cart while I threw things at it from a distance as if I was a short asian Harlem Globetrotter. Luckily everything was in stock, but going so early made me worry for my fresh produce. It'll just have to do because there's no way I'm going back there any nearer to the 1st.

I left there with my sanity in tact, and my wallet a little lighter. I suppose it could have been worse. It could have gone like this:

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger bethany actually said...

My husband has insanely good parking karma too! That is exactly what we call it as well, and I've never heard anyone else call it that. Funny.

On Christmas Eve he sent me a photo he took with his phone of the FRONT ROW parking spot he got at the insanely busy mall by our house.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 6:12:00 PM  
Blogger Carol Browne said...

Happy New Year!

I have little patience for the whole parking lot thing. No luck with the parking for sure. My parking Karma kind of stinks.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 1:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Horace said...

This won't really have success, I feel like this.
sexy maids | white flats | wife first anal

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home