Friday, December 12, 2008

I wish you would stop rubbing that lamp in that creepy way.

~spoilers?~

Tonight's Office had me laughing from the beginning to the very end. I read that a lot of people hated this episode, but the funny, sad and cringe-worthy parts made it so reminiscent of the original BBC Office, I think that's why I loved it so much.

I guess people just want happy, dumb, typical American comedies, but the British ones really get them right. I think it's the mix of character emotions that make you feel something more for the series than just a weekly ha-ha. Seems like around the holidays, people always lose their sense of humor.

While I am no Toby fan, when he turned that Princess Unicorn around I. WAS. DYING. Also when Michael was chasing Meredith around the parking lot! That Kate Flannery is pure comedy. Promo-wise, I see Dunder Mifflin shot glasses and Princess Unicorn dolls flooding the market.

Meanwhile, on 30 Rock, I feel like this show hit it on the mark too. I laughed and laughed, where last week's Liz Lemon reunion fiasco, again, left me a little cold. But this week, oh this week cracked me up. Great lines, great characters, but I still don't get how they can play up Liz Lemon being fat and unattractive when in actuality it seems to me like Tina Fey is losing weight and wearing tighter clothes every episode. However I cracked up at the fact that she had a framed picture of a plate of food on her office wall.

Nothing to do with Thursday night, but is anyone still watching Top Chef? That 'old lady' who keeps winning is 31 years old? Jigga please, she looks more like 51.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger thatShortChick said...

flicking the pen at toby's head? one of my favorite moments from last night.

and the "old lady" on top chef is 40 or 41, i think. she's definitely in her forties, i believe she said her age in wed. night's episode.

Friday, December 12, 2008 7:12:00 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

That chick from Top Chef CAN NOT be younger than me or else she's way too into tanning. She looks like she's definitely in her late or early forties (and I am following her quickly behind).

I thought the Office was really funny last night. I love how Angela threatened Phyllis and she told everyone about Dwight and Angela's affair. HA!

Friday, December 12, 2008 7:46:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

The Christmas episodes never disappoint. There were a lot of great moments but I think the hardest laugh came from the opening when Dwights desk collapsed. Cracked me up!

I love Top Chef. That woman looks like she's 45 to me. Kind of like "29y/o" Kim on Real Housewives Atlanta. Yeah, sure.

Friday, December 12, 2008 9:18:00 AM  
Blogger Lilcee said...

I think she's in her 40s. The FOOd Fighters episode named Team Cougar after her. I think Radhika got robbed. She shouldn't have won.

The Office had me in stitches the whole night. I had to repeat the scenes so I can laugh again. hee hee

Friday, December 12, 2008 9:21:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

People hated it? Well, people are stupid. Or I'm stupid. I LOVED it...one of the best in a long time. It had my favorite elements...took place mostly AT or about the office, had all of the cast. And yes, very cringe-worthy and reminiscent of the original series.

And well, you know me---I love Toby AND Dwight and there were so many great moments both of them had.

I had to skip the end of your post as I haven't watched 30 Rock yet.

Friday, December 12, 2008 12:01:00 PM  
Blogger jami said...

Ariane is definitely 41, not 31! Does that make you feel better? I love me some Top Chef!

Friday, December 12, 2008 2:27:00 PM  
Blogger jen said...

omg. your titles always crack me up!! i laughed out loud when pam said that :)

Friday, December 12, 2008 4:13:00 PM  
Blogger suburban housefrau said...

Yeah Ariane is def 41 - http://www.bravotv.com/Top_Chef/season/5/bios/bios.php?c=ariane

Sunday, December 14, 2008 3:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home