Wednesday, December 31, 2008

La Croix sweetie, La Croix.

I have been cooking since 7am and I'm still not tired. I'm sure it will hit me at 11:59. The ball will start to drop and I will just zzz....

How do I ring in the new year? In STYLE, baby. Well, not really. I'm usually knee deep in cooking prep and have DickClarknowRyanSeacrest on in the background. Where do you pee if you are standing in Times Square all that time, anyway?

No, this year I found this GORGEOUS Christian LaCroix Evian bottle at where else, Target of course - in the 50% off Christmas aisle for just $1.52. I will drink out of this lovely to celebrate the new year while I make mochi and prep chicken wings.

Tomorrow O.G. will not be coming to the party til later, as she has prime seats to freeze her a$$ off watching the Rose Parade. Still, horrible grandaughter that I am, I forced her to make me her super amazing flank steak. It just doesn't come out the same when I make it. It's so good I may just eat it all for dinner instead...screw you party goers. It's mine all mine!

Happy new year!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

I don't know that I've ever had flank steak, but I'm sure it's delicious! Ya better save some!!!

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 5:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Christina from Fullerton said...

Happy New Year! I'm way excited for our own Japanese New Year feast! My fave is definitely o-zoni with mochi toasted to perfection. I love it so much that my fantastical GIL (Granny-in-Law) cooks it all month long!

Have you ever tried Williams-Sonoma's sesame chicken wing recipe? They're baked (gasp!) not fried!

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 6:05:00 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

not sure if you were being rhetorical or not, but i've been to new york for the ball drop on new years and i dealt with the bathroom craziness!! at every 4 way stop leading up to the ball, they set up pens to corral everyone like cattle, and the earliest you can get into the pen is at 4pm. of course, everyone tries to get there early to claim their spot, but drinking hot chocolate to stay warm and standing in the blistering cold does not make for a happy bladder! the security guards told everyone that if they leave they can't come back in but women were so desperate they were saying they were pregnant just so they could get out and use the restroom! and i saw more than one guy pee into a bottle. eeek!

happy new year to you and your family!

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 6:52:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

O.G. should be fine if she has seats. It's the idiots who are out on the curb NOW and all night long who will freeze their butts off!

Enjoy your festivities tomorrow. Of course I'm not cooking tonight, but am actually pleased to be doing the low-key stay-at-home thang. I just wish E felt better.

See ya on the flip side!

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 7:30:00 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

My parents wanted to drag us out one year and see the parade. I bet it involved us sleeping on the curb or something crazy like that but we just wouldn't have it.

Hope you have a wonderful 2009!

Thursday, January 01, 2009 6:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home