Thursday, December 18, 2008

That's a shank.

Martha Stewart in the hizzouse, bitches! Tonight on Top Chef, the one and only MS was there to judge, and she did not hold back. The winner got an autographed cookbook, but HA, I got that, yo.

What she was judging was 'One Pot Dishes.' Most of those things didn't seem very one pot to me, but what do I know. All I know is that lately I have been working MUCH later than I am contractually obligated to do so, which means my prep time for cooking dinner has shortened. I am just not down with feeding my kids take out or fast food, not even once a week if I can help it.

Normally I make this particular chicken dish in the oven. But since time has been tight lately, I thought - I wonder what would happen if I crock-potted it? So I dumped all the ingredients in a crock pot, dropped the kids off at school and headed to work. When we came home...wow. It turned out BETTER than when I make it in the oven. AND when the kids tasted it? They said it was the "BEST CHICKEN EVER." Yes, even the pork-eater. Now that's a compliment I can be proud of.

And here we have a meeting of the minds. Two of my most favorite things, finally together - Martha Stewart and gangsta rap. Like peas in a pizzle.



Crock Pot Honey Shoyu Chicken recipe, here.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Hi Jenn, again thanks for the gingerbread recipe :) On this chicken dish...could I use boneless breasts?

Thursday, December 18, 2008 5:43:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

I've always found that they dry out in the crock pot, so I'd lower the cooking time to 6 hours. But it should be fine. It will probably come out more like a pulled pork since there are no bones to hold on to.

Thursday, December 18, 2008 7:04:00 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Ooh yea, and I could serve it on a bun...thanks!

Thursday, December 18, 2008 7:09:00 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

I can't believe they didn't send anyone home on Top Chef last night. Eugene could have gone and I wouldn't have minded. But...merry christmas chefs!

Thursday, December 18, 2008 7:15:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I really enjoyed Martha on there :) "Pungent!" haha.

That recipe looks good! And simple! I love recipes I can remember in my head.

Thursday, December 18, 2008 8:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Kitty at Zales:
http://www.zales.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=3363965&camp=HK_Facebook

Thursday, December 18, 2008 9:49:00 AM  
Blogger Lilcee said...

I saw that episode when it aired. Such a crack up.

I also loved it when MS made an appearance on the Conan O'Brian show and he made her drink from a 40. AWESOME.

Thanks for the recipe. I'm always looking for new crock pot recipes as it's just collecting dust.

Thursday, December 18, 2008 4:59:00 PM  
Blogger jen said...

2 of my favorites as well. oh my. i do love snoop :)

Friday, December 19, 2008 6:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home