Thursday, December 18, 2008

When l was a kid, we didn't have no insurance. l broke my leg, Daddy poured Robitussin on it. Let that 'tussin get on down to the bone.

No Office this week, but it is snowing in L.A., aka the equivalent of hell freezing over. While I had been begging Mother Nature for cold - I wasn't quite prepared for the temps in the low 40s this past week. That was some crazy cold.

Every other day has been a rainstorm but the kid's school play must go on. The attire - while I failed to read until the day before - required a white shirt, white pants, and white shoes. I thought for sure they were going to be some sort of Winter Pimp, but it turns out one was a snowflake and the other was a jellyfish. Go figure. Also - I passed on the white pants cause when the hell are they EVER going to use those again.

I have been done with my Christmas shopping for months, but last minute I bought this to give my brother. HA. Who can resist GIANT POCKY.
I also caught a slight cold, yay me and my craptastic immune system, and when I went to the doctor he said - get this: "Have you ever heard of...Robitussin?" Good lord. So much for a professional diagnosis. Also for those who care, 'non-drowsy' is some bull.sh*t. zzz....

Back on track, I am finally FINALLY going to bake this weekend. Anyone else? Me, I am looking forward cookies and zzz....

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

That's barely L.A., but yeah, it's been cold. And the baking question? Ha! Like you have to ask. Unless I buy another frozen pumpkin pie. I know, I know...will you still be my friend though?

Thursday, December 18, 2008 11:56:00 PM  
Blogger adriana said...

Yeah, it was 28 degrees at my house in Topanga Canyon today. Ridiculous!

I'm hoping to bake this weekend too - more Christmas cookies to belatedly mail people as their gifts this year.

Friday, December 19, 2008 7:49:00 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

I baked last weekend and gave it all away. Maybe tomorrow I will craft though.

Friday, December 19, 2008 9:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Sara said...

An acupuncturist gave me this formula once to "kick the sick" (as he put it) or to prevent them in the first place. Since I've been doing it I haven't got sick once. Awesome.

For three days in a row take 10,000 i.u.'s EACH of Vitamin A & D.

I do this Mon-Wed during the cold season, and when all my coworkers are sniffling and snorking, I'm feelin' fine!

Friday, December 19, 2008 10:18:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

must find that giant pocky. but I'd also like strawberry cause that's how I like em - mixed up.

we had an ice storm. luckily, the evergreen isn't down and the mullberry that is didn't mess up the fence line. oh, and a co-worker got his nose sliced by falling ice.

ah, winter.

Friday, December 19, 2008 1:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home