Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Eddie:This, what's...this?
Gran: Flour, dear?
Eddie: Flour. Yes. All this is mine, is it? I mean, I am now paying for old people to eat cake?

Today is O.G.'s birthday. She is WELL into her 80's now, women in our family tend to live a long ass time. Frankly, I'd rather be dead. I have no desire to live a long life, unlike my MiL who thinks that the key to finding the fountain of youth is by wearing capri pants to get there. Nope. Not me. I'm done.

But O.G.'s still kickin', and I attribute it to her diet of completely crappy food. As a kid, she used to get chocolate covered potato chips from the local store. She talked about it for years, and we all thought she was high. A few years ago I found some very expensive ones at Neiman Marcus. Then last month I go to Target and what do I see? A whole 'pail' of them. The funny thing is my brother bought her the exact same thing.

They are surprisingly tasty, as disgusting as it sounds. The perfect blend of salty and sweet. Since she had her fill of those, I decided to do something similar - but different, for her birthday gift. I made up some potato chip cookies. By getting a good mix of just the right ingredients, you end up with a nice buttery crunchy cookie.

Try them, you'll like them, honest. After all - they could hold the key to the fountain of youth. Happy birthday O.G.

Potato Chip Cookies recipe

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger a n n e said...

Happy Birthday to OG!

I love the weird combo of salty & sweet. Big Island Candies has their candy that has chocolate, mac nuts and potato chips... my ideal PMS food.

Tuesday, January 06, 2009 8:57:00 AM  
Anonymous alibaba37 said...

Those look delicious! I love sweet and salty combination's.

Happy Birthday to O.G., I can't wait to hear what she thinks of your latest creation.

Tuesday, January 06, 2009 9:26:00 AM  
Blogger Shelby said...

They sound good and remind me of a cookie recipe that has potato chips and chocolate that I've been wanting to try.

Tuesday, January 06, 2009 11:57:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

still adore you - am not ever going to try chocolaty potato chips or potato chip cookies again. not ever. no way, no how.

Tuesday, January 06, 2009 2:17:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

still adore you - am not ever going to try chocolaty potato chips or potato chip cookies again. not ever. no way, no how.

Tuesday, January 06, 2009 2:17:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I hope O.G. had a great birthday. I bet she had meat! My Mom used to make potato chip cookies sometimes. I bet yours are better, but don't tell her I said that!

Wednesday, January 07, 2009 11:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Piers said...

Really effective info, lots of thanks for the article.
here

Monday, December 12, 2011 8:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home