Wednesday, January 07, 2009

hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog,
we're splitting the scene, we're full of beans

I wanted to take the SiL to Pink's since she'd never been, and of course that day I woke up with a rager of a migraine. The crippling kind - usually I get up at 6am, this day I couldn't lift my head til about 9, and even then, it was only to vomit. But still, I wanted to take her out, AND (here's where I always get into trouble) I promised the kids. (Note to new mothers: Don't promise nothin'.) My kids have a memory like an elephant, they never forget - and they knew that hot dogs were on the agenda for today.
As we headed out there I felt a little better, the migraine was lingering but mostly gone. I felt like I had went on a drinking binge the night before, which is something since I don't drink. Of course the best cure of all for a hangover is Pink's anyway. The line is always long, but today it wrapped all the way to the parking lot. I ordered my typical - Chicago dog. I think I just like anything with salad on it. I don't even need the hot dog, which is lame. The kid made up his own weird potato chip dog concoction.
After that we headed a few miles west on Melrose. Melrose Heights (Fairfax to SaMo Blvd.) is the shiz right now for HIGH fashion, but closer to Fairfax there's tons going on too. Fitzu two doors down from Paul Frank, Bape opened kitty corner - to much fanfare, and right between Tarina Tarantino and Agent Provocateur - the newly opened Johnny Cupcakes, so I just HAD to check it out. The interior, while sparse was also very cool and it took a lot of convincing for the Kid to understand that NO, there were no cupcakes at Johnny Cupcakes. He wasn't happy.

We headed across the street to Paul Frank, our actual intended shopping stop for the day. With a 40% off sale going on I wanted to get the kids some clothes and a few birthday gifts out of the way. Like this pimped out tee, perfect for the Baby.When we got home the kids wanted to see the Paul Frank cartoons they had seen at the store. So I turned on the computer while my SiL sat with them and I said, Mommy needs to "Just lie down for a few minutes." Finally, the migraine disappeared, but more importantly my Chicago dog stayed down.

Paul Frank's 40% off sale goes from now until Sunday.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Lilcee said...

Sorry to hear about your migraine. I get incapacitated when that happens. You should take a Tylenol and drink some coke. That should help a bit. I'm glad by mid day it got better.

That's such an awesome shirt for the baby. Now that I have a bun in the oven, I wish I could go crazy on the sale for Small Paul stuff.

Wednesday, January 07, 2009 9:46:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I was shocked to see a line of 6 people at Pink's recently. Granted, it was a day when it was FREEZING.

I'd wondered where Paul Frank moved to. I've never heard of 'Melrose Heights,' but then again I'm not much of a shopper, especially for high fashion!

Wednesday, January 07, 2009 11:52:00 AM  
Blogger lilsprinkles said...

are those really the lyrics...or you just making them up? lol...too funny! my kids are going to love it when i sing it to them tomorrow morning.

Wednesday, January 07, 2009 9:54:00 PM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

Also sorry to hear about your migraine. HATE those things! amazing you were able to feel better in the same day! At least you got to eat your Chicago Dog and keep it down. From the flickr pics, looks like a taco! hehe.

Thursday, January 08, 2009 9:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home