Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's a good thing.

I'm not a superfan of anyone really, but when it comes to Martha Stewart, well, I'll go wherever she goes. I had heard she was having another cupcake themed show and after some inquiry - I had met her in L.A., she had my card, etc, a producer called to say that they had a special guest ticket for me! I was really excited but didn't want to tell people about it until after the show, only because I knew - what with the magic of television - my face probably wouldn't even appear on camera (I was right).
To get into the show you have to wait in line outside, which wouldn't be bad normally except for the fact that it was during the winter storm of all storms - it was nine degrees with a wind chill of negative four. Lovely.

Once I checked in, they gave me a special 'pink' ticket. Some were blue, some were numbered, and some were pink, but mine had a VERY heavy pink stripe. Hm. I looked around and no one else had that. It felt like I had a golden ticket, but maybe it meant I was a leper, who knows.

Turns out, when they asked my name at the stage door and checked my ticket, they did in fact have a special seat reserved for me, right on stage in the front row! Yikes! Talk about exciting.
I was seated right next the show guests. For this episode she highlighted two up and coming New York bakeries Sweet Revenge and Butter Lane.

The women who opened the bakeries just so happen to have both left Wall Street to follow their dreams of opening their own bakeries. Huh. With this economy and a layoff in my future, I would be lying to say I haven't thought about doing the exact same thing someday.I can't even imagine how this show will impact their business, I'm so excited for them. For Martha Stewart to say you have the best cupcakes she's ever tasted, well, you can't even buy promotion that good. It was a very organized show, with little room for error. In fact Martha was so scheduled she didn't stick around to answer questions as she sometimes does, and I didn't even get to talk to her. Sad. I did give her some of my stationery, so there's that.

The set is impeccable, of course - as you would imagine. The studio holds 150 guests and the Cupcake Takes the Cake girls were there too! And there were giveaways - a Wilton cupcake pan, and (GASP) polka dot cupcake boxes and liners. Just my luck, right? Despite my polka dot phobia, I have to say, these things are darn cute.
I was there for just a short time and it was so cold (I thought my face was going to freeze off, seriously) the only thing that could make me go outside was...cupcakes of course! I went to a few bakeries, but I made a point to stop by the brand new Magnolia at Rockefeller Center. It was much more commercial than the original location, but it's nice to see a bakery doing so well. And despite the freezing temps the bakery was packed and man, were they selling like hotcakes, er cupcakes.

It was a fantastic show and a wonderful experience. Here are some of the cards that I gave Martha. Cupcake themed - of course! The show airs tomorrow, Wednesday on NBC.

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

Oh yay! Congratulations! I can't think of anyone well deserving!!! You'll be a guest on the show next.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 4:26:00 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

de-lurking to say congrats! what a special treat.
your eye for design, party planning and cooking skills make you a natural for catering/running a bakery...

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 4:46:00 PM  
Blogger msdina said...

So awesome!!! And yeah I second that, you'll be featured on her show for something or other soon!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 4:52:00 PM  
Blogger jen said...

very fun :( do i dare say that my little sister used to work at omni-media?!? :)

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 5:36:00 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Oh yay for you!! I'll have to DVR the episode so thanks for the heads up! And just as Darlene said, I can't think of anyone more deserving.

Also, I used your strawberry cupcake recipe for my inauguration cupcakes that I brought to work today. Everyone LOVED them, so thank you!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 7:15:00 PM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

That's so awesome- what fun for you!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 7:20:00 PM  
Blogger lilsprinkles said...

OMG! OMG! You're so close...can you taste it?!?! What a wonderful treat! I cannot believe it. Hope you had a wonderful time and found the experience to be truly inspiring!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 10:49:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

What? OMG. Hating you big time right now!!

That totally rocks.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 11:24:00 PM  
Blogger Jen14221 said...

So you went to NYC? Did they fly you there? I'm dying, that's so cool.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 7:28:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

You should have totally run up on stage and chest bumped Martha!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 9:54:00 AM  
Blogger Lilcee said...

That's so awesome that you got to see her in person again. Pretty soon someone will be calling you to schedule you on her show.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 11:52:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I'm very happy for you. If anyone deserves good things to happen, it's you.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 5:36:00 PM  
Blogger diana p said...

Wow. That's the coolest ever! Oh, and please open your bakery near Pasadena. : )

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 9:57:00 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I'm so happy for you. Good for you! You never know what's going to come out of a simple book signing, but I'm predicting good things for you!

Thursday, January 22, 2009 9:00:00 AM  
Blogger joyce said...

I'm finally catching up on blog reading and read this one!! How lucky are you!!!

Saturday, January 24, 2009 12:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Myron said...

3

site

4

check this

1

4

check this

this site

3

Monday, January 16, 2012 3:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home