Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Michael: Let's go for an ice-cream cake.
Angela: Meredith's allergic to dairy.
Michael: It's not just about her.
Pam: It is...her birthday.

Since December O.G. has said, "I do NOT want anything for my birthday. No gifts, no cake and especially no dinner." She says that every year but this year I took it to heart because, well - who cares.

Cut to Tuesday night when my brother calls me and asks what I'm doing. "I told you I'm going out, why?" I said. "Why aren't you at Gram's having cake?" he said. WHAT. What happened to the 'nothing' plan?? UGH.

So I let it go. Then tonight I just so happened to be making her very favorite dinner, kalbi. I called her up and asked if she wanted to come over to eat. "OH, for my birthday dinner?" she says. DOUBLE UGH.

Well if that's what she thought it was, then I had better step it up a bit. I made all of her favorite things, a run down here:Kalbi ribs
Rice
Honey Shoyu Chicken
Crock Pot Chicken Long Rice
Tofu
Sunomono
Asparagus with miso dressing
Mandarin Oranges

We ate, the kids made her birthday cards, we had cupcakes, then she said, "The dinner was great. You should cook for me EVERY birthday." UGH. AGAIN.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger flurogoddess said...

O. G. Has the same birthday as me!

Happy Birthday O.G.!

Thursday, January 08, 2009 2:19:00 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

Why can't people just say what they mean!?

Ok, sorry, that's my current hot button issue.

Thursday, January 08, 2009 7:34:00 AM  
Blogger CageQueen said...

Lol, VERY passive/aggressive!

Thursday, January 08, 2009 11:11:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I still love OG. :)

Thursday, January 08, 2009 9:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home