Monday, January 12, 2009

No sleep til...Brooklyn

Interns are awesome. You don't have to pay them, they work real hard - the best, right? Wrong. Leave it to our office to find the world's worst intern. DAILY I turn around and she is passed out - flat out, keyboard as a pillow, dead asleep. The other day she had the nerve to turn to me and say, "Real life work is so fun!" It was all I could do to stop myself from jumping across the desk and punching her in the face. Try working for 20 years sister, and yeah, real life work is fun when you can f*ing sleep at your desk all day.

Switching gears for a moment (stay with me) a leather rep gave us all bears made out of...leather. This completely grosses me out because making an animal out of another animal is just wrong. But I decided to use my new gift by naming him the Intern Bear. Because all he does is sit at my desk and stare and me and do jack sh*t, much like the real intern.
So I got some trash scrap materials, and built my little Intern Bear a bed out of foamcore. Complete with mohair blankets and nice floor tile rug. Then people started bringing him little things like a fur rug, a mini chair and I even found an ornament at Starbucks that looks like a bear sized coffee cup.I should make him do different bear-work-scenarios. Like cry in the corner after the boss has yelled at him (happens daily in our office) or hunch over a drafting table trying desperately to hit a deadline. But for now, he sleeps. In his little bear bed. My coworkers joked that I should start an architectural Build a Bear business. So yeah, I guess the intern is right. Real life work CAN be fun. zzz...

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Sizzle said...

She actually sleeps at her desk at work?! WTF.

Monday, January 12, 2009 7:28:00 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

This bear is awesome!! Many Kudos to you. Now you need a name plate above the bear _Intern Bear_ to make sure it is blatantly obvious!

Monday, January 12, 2009 9:23:00 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

First off, your intern hurts my feelings. Second: I LOVE THE BEAR!! Man, sometimes you really have to go all out to get through the workday.

Monday, January 12, 2009 10:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Leslie T. said...

I once worked with a girl who slept at her desk all day (and hers was a REAL job, with a REAL paycheck) and the most outrageous thing was that her boyfriend would send her torrid love letters, on the communal fax machine! Which served all 50 people on our floor! Let me tell you, that was pretty darned creepy!
I love your bear bedroom. Awesome!

Monday, January 12, 2009 11:21:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Love the bear!

Luckily, our interns come to us as part of their curriculum, so they are essentially paying to be with us. They know if they slept on a desk, we'd fail their butt and Mom & Dad would be pissed for wasting that pricey USC tuition.

Monday, January 12, 2009 1:50:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

And THIS is why we're friends!

LOVE IT!

Monday, January 12, 2009 9:12:00 PM  
Blogger dapotato said...

best. bear. ever. although i'm kind of scared that i recognize the rug and bed fabrics.

wtf is wrong with that intern?

Monday, January 12, 2009 11:08:00 PM  
Anonymous crazyspanishgirl said...

my slaves ... errrr... interns, do the ugliest job at the office, although no responsibility at all. Not bad. They sure don't cry.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 12:59:00 AM  
Blogger Lilcee said...

this is awesome. You should post a new scene once a week.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 8:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Osborn said...

I found a lot of useful data in this post!
here | weight loss tips | Acne Treatment

Thursday, March 15, 2012 9:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home