Saturday, January 10, 2009

Snakes? Why does it have to be snakes?

The Kid is turning 5. How did that happen? He has begging for an Indiana Jones themed party since October, even though he's never seen the movie or gone on the ride, he has some sort of weird Indy adventurer obsession.

Theme-ing out an Indiana Jones party is not even worth it. There aren't too many good things you can do, especially in the middle of winter. More importantly, there is NO Indiana Jones cake that you can come up with that WON'T end up on Cake Wrecks. Trust me. I've sketched and sketched and...just...no.

There is one place where I gave in.. THIS is in my living room:
Yes, that is a life size 72" stand up of Indiana Jones. Online it seemed like a good decision. Here in the house, it scares the crap out of me and the kids, constantly. For now he is sitting on the stairway next to the Time Out chair (shaped like a monkey). That truly is a sucky Time Out because Indy is watching over you and it's pretty frightening. Almost daily I walk by it and think INTRUDER!!! I keep thinking I'll get over it, but for now I freak out about every 10 minutes.

I suppose having Harrison Ford in your house isn't a bad thing. It could have been worse. It could have been a life size Regarding Henry.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

what about making the worlds largest cake ball? Like the end if the ride :) Heehee

Saturday, January 10, 2009 7:43:00 AM  
Blogger bonnindesigns said...

my neighbor had a life size Obama cut out in her living room and at first glance it scared the crap out of me when I walked in the house thinking it was an intruder. How funny that you have it by the time out chair. You should put little snakes at the base of the chair just so they don't get up and leave.

Saturday, January 10, 2009 7:47:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

This made my laugh out loud! It's precisely the reason why my stand-up Aragorn is not on display. As sexy as Viggo is in that get-up, I'm sure it would freak me out. (I bought it on impulse at the very end of Comic-Con one year when they had marked them way down!)

Oh, and far scarier than Harrison Ford from Regarding Henry would be Harrison Ford from Indiana Jones 4.

Saturday, January 10, 2009 11:20:00 AM  
Anonymous McCrum said...

Someone bought Chewbacca for me once, it freaked out everyone in the apartment so much he was kept in the closet.

That worked out well until you had to go in the closet and had forgotten this SEVEN FOOT HAIRY WOOKIE WITH A BANDOLIER (and cute red hat) was going to be lurking there for you.

And god fobid if you had to get up too early to go in and it wasn't quite bright enough to see what you were dealing with.

Saturday, January 10, 2009 8:26:00 PM  
Blogger SouthernMom said...

My son wants a lego party for his 7th birthday. I searched for lego cakes on Flickr and came across this Lego Indy cake: http://flickr.com/photos/layersoflove/2749957415/
I'm not sure if I could recreate it, but I bet you could as talented as you are with fondant. There are quite a few Lego Indy cakes, if you want to go that route. (this one is cute, too: http://flickr.com/photos/sweetartshop/2857219742/in/photostream/)

Thursday, January 15, 2009 9:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home