Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ticket to ride

Disneyland is having a 'get in free on your birthday' offer, so I took the Kid to see if the marketing was true. Turns out - it's better than true. Just last week I got him his very own annual pass, which seems to have sweetened the deal.

If you already have an annual pass, they give you three options when you go up to the ticket counter:

1. A single day free ticket
This is the promo that's been running, even if you have a pass, they'll give you a ticket for when the pass expires. You do need to show i.d. and for kids you have to show a birth certificate.

2. A Fast Pass for EVERY fast pass ride for your ENTIRE group.

That right there is the best one yet. However, if you have a tiny child who doesn't meet the height requirements (mine) then it's a waste. So I passed.

3. A $59 giftcard good at any merchandise location - doesn't expire

This is what I took. Hey, it was like a $60 refund AND I could be all Daddy Warbucks when the kid's asked for stuff and say, "Sure kids, buy whatever you want! (under $59)" I think the card will last a while, we don't need more junk.We did some birthday-ish things like I forced the Kid to go to Tortilla Factory in DCA because on your birthday you get an entire bag of tortillas, (not just the 'one' they hand out) hey - Mommy needs to make dinner, you know?Then we went to have the Kid's birthday lunch at the Blue Bayou. Most people would know this as the restaurant that you see inside the Pirates of the Carribbean ride. It is so damn dark in there. Only when we were done eating and went outside did I realize that the Baby was COVERED in food. My bad.

Most of the day my mom and SiL took the Kid on whatever he wanted to ride, but I was exhausted. So I just kicked it hobo-style on a bench and lazily ate cotton candy and dozed while the Baby napped in the stroller. Cotton candy and napping - that's my kind of birthday.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger a n n e said...

Ooh Blue Bayou - I've always wanted to eat there! Happy Birthday to "The Kid!"

Thursday, January 22, 2009 8:17:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Yes, option 2 certainly wins!!! One time I went with my whole family and we got there when they were handing out Dream fastpasses (same thing) and it was so awesome.

Happy Birthday to the Kid!!

Thursday, January 22, 2009 8:24:00 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Happy birthday to The Kid!

What's the deal with that pirate's chest birthday cake thing?! It's awesome! Do they give that to the kids at the Blue Bayou on their birthdays? Sweet!

Thursday, January 22, 2009 8:57:00 AM  
Anonymous alibaba37 said...

I love that you know all the little secrets of Disneyland. Yum cotton candy.

Happy Birthday to your son.

Friday, January 23, 2009 6:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home