Sunday, January 18, 2009

Where my party people at?

So. The big Indiana Jones party for the Kid was this weekend. And I decided to do...nothing. Well, that's not entirely true, but I took a much more laid back approach this year instead of going all out like my overboard self. I just needed a rest after the slew of holiday extravaganzas going on around here.

Thank god the SiL was here. I made her do a ton of work, considering she does NOT cook. I taught her how 'easy' it is to bake - meaning, I suckered her into doing everything. HA. It was fantastic! And for someone who never steps foot in the kitchen she did an amazing job. She is my lifesaver.I tricked her into making French donut muffins and Broken Glass Jello, assuring her that it was easy. Heh. Then I took simple Costco fruit and veggie platters and re-plated them. One of my biggest pet peeves is eating out of a plastic container, just rearranging the stuff on a plate makes it look so much prettier and like I did way more work. Suddenly I am Sandra Lee.The kids did crafts, I got them each the first letter of their names and some sticky foamies to decorate them. The weird thing was the Baby INSISTED on an "S" which is lame since his name does not begin with S, but why fight it, I figure. After crafts I sent them all outside to ride bikes because it was a very winter-y 80 degrees in January. Yeesh.

Because of this off weather, I also abandoned the traditional birthday cake and instead went with......ice cream bombes. More on the ice cream bombes tomorrow...

For now I am packing up my party gear, for this is the LAST one of the season for me until next November - when it starts all...over...again.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous kat said...

oh no, you are no Sandra Lee. you don't drink remember?

beautiful. I'll have to stop being lazy and start replating my veggies. after Christmas is the best for getting all the cool platters and pitchers for nothing.

Monday, January 19, 2009 10:09:00 AM  
Blogger Yvett said...

I'm laughing at the last comment because I call Sandra Lee "The cocktail lady".

I like what you did even if you didn't go all overboard this time. I was sort of expecting whips and snakes for the theme. ; )

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 12:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home