Thursday, February 05, 2009

Andy: We're getting married at Schrute Farms. I've seen 12 venues, lost 8 deposits, and seen Angela naked zero times. I'm not losing another deposit.

The internet is a funny thing. You can keep up with your friend's lives even if they are miles away. I read about people stuck in snow, while I'm sitting on the beach. About what people are having for dinner while I'm just rolling out of bed.

Granted, she doesn't liveI've been reading about Darlene's cake tasting adventures for a while and I am so jealous. I love cake. I've never had a cake tasting but maybe I will do one now. The baker will ask, "Are you getting married?" And I'll say, "Nope, I'm getting fat."

I'm sure eating all that cake is not as fun as it seems. Maybe it should be more like a wine tasting and there should be a bucket - like a slot machine one - where you spit the cake into it after you've tasted it. Ew.

I nearly spat myself, when I saw that Darlene was using my sh*tlist pad to take notes at all her cake tastings. Cracked me up. I'm sure the bakers were like, what the...!? So I thought I'd streamline things a bit for her and I made her a little cake tasting notepad.It has all the important info you need, name of the bakery, delivery time, deposit cost, etc. However the MOST important part is whether or not you really really like the cake...
Hopefully she'll get a kick out of it and it'll be useful for her. Quite obviously, I have no life if I just sit around making cake notepads for people that didn't even ask for them. But forget all that, I gotta go. I have to set up a fake wedding so that I can get to tasting some cake. Is there a pie tasting too? Sign me up.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

I love the Sh*t list pad!

I think I was too busy stuffing my face to notice of the people were looking at the top of my pad. I guess we'll be treated a lot better with the new and improved pad. Thanks Jenn!

Thursday, February 05, 2009 6:40:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Outside of never having a registry for anything, cake testing may be my second regret of eloping.

Thursday, February 05, 2009 7:26:00 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

That cake tasting pad is smart!

I love when you use The Office quotes in your post titles. :-)

Thursday, February 05, 2009 7:51:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Cake tasting was our favorite part of the planning process. And we absolutely took advantage by tasting at SEVEN different places!

Thursday, February 05, 2009 8:35:00 AM  
Blogger celia said...

Cake Week was the best part of planning my wedding.

Thursday, February 05, 2009 6:56:00 PM  
Blogger Lilcee said...

Cake tasting was one of the one joys of wedding planning. Free cakes and you don't have to pay?? I'm sold!

It was a great idea until I planned 4 tastings in one morning and passed out from all the sugar shock. I wonder if I can still go cake tasting and not wear my ring.

Thursday, February 05, 2009 8:30:00 PM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

omg - I don't remember whether we went cake tasting or not! Well, it's not like I got my dream cake anyway - I got the FREE cake from the hotel. SUCKS! I should've fought harder. But dang, your cake tasting pad makes me want to get married all over again! Let's fake it, I'll be your fake maid of honor, haha.

Monday, February 16, 2009 10:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home