Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Buddy: What about Santa's cookies? I suppose parents eat those too?

I make a lot of Burger Bites. Scratch that, I make a TON of Burger Bites. Especially when I have a craft show or an event, then I tend to make double and triple batches to give out to people as a 'thanks for stopping by'.

Of course the selling point on these things is the perfectly shaped 'bun' which is a nice looking Nilla Wafer. As you can imagine I end up with a ton of crappy looking wafers that just ain't gonna cut it. I've made mini ice cream sandwiches out of them too, but basically the broken cookies just never get used.

So finally, I stood staring at my pantry and figured I could crush them up and put them in...cupcakes! Why not? Then they don't have to look so perfect, in fact they'd be smashed to smithereens. Stress relief - table of one?
Very moist and they kept their 'nilla-ness. How lame do I feel not saying vanilla? My friend would complain that she didn't have a nickname. I was like, your name is Amy how the hell are you going to shorten that? Anyway, of course, I made them MINI. The most popular recipe that uses Nilla wafers is banana pudding, even though I loathe bananas, I do love how this looks. A mini Nilla wafer cupcake, with whipped cream frosting and a slice of banana. Too cute. And now I am Nilla wafer free! Well, until I make more Burger Bites, anyway...

Nilla Wafer Mini Cupcakes recipe

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

Those look/sound awesome. And Amy's nickname comment cracked me up. You slay me, as always.

Wednesday, February 04, 2009 9:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Kristine said...

Where did you get the Pooh Honey Bear?

Wednesday, February 04, 2009 9:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Amy said...

you can also make rum balls out of the wafers...and my name's Amy but some people call me "aims" which..I don't like so much
=)

Wednesday, February 04, 2009 10:56:00 AM  
Blogger Carol Browne said...

EW! You said "moist".

Those little nilla cupcakes look divine, though.

Wednesday, February 04, 2009 3:24:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Kristine - I found the Pooh honey bear at Disneyland for about $4.50. I am planning another giveaway sometime in the future, maybe I should put one of those in there!

Wednesday, February 04, 2009 4:46:00 PM  
Blogger Lilcee said...

I usually eat the leftover Nilla wafers w/ milk like it's cereal. Yum.

Thursday, February 05, 2009 8:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home