Thursday, February 12, 2009

Dwight Schrute: Nothing stresses me out. Except having to seek the approval of my inferiors.

Excuse me while I ramble. I worked 12 hours today and my brain is complete mush. In the afternoon I saw the nightmare coming and had to scramble to find a babysitter for the night. Thank god my cousin was available or I would have been really screwed. I told the Kid that I had an emergency at work and he said, "WAS THERE A FIRE?" Yikes. I need to choose my words more carefully.

I came home, put up my feet and watched Top Chef - which really should be renamed the Fabio show. When he leaves I will cry. In my bunky bed. It was awesome to see Jacques Pepin on tonight's show, it definitely shows you that Top Chef really is about the cooking. Not like those other shows - rhymes with Hell's Bitchen. What would you have for your last meal? I know I'd have taquitos with homemade guacamole. There. Dead.

It's been a stressful week, thus all the baking posts, and here's one more. I made these earlier in the week. The Baby wanted cookies, cinnamon sugar cookies to be exact, so I took the dough and shaped it into little hearts. Shaping them into hearts was very calming. Good for my stress levels. Like yoga, but fattening.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Rachel W. said...

Good morning! I have been reading and enjoying your writing for quite a while now. Your great line of "Like yoga, but fattening" finally moved me to tell you how much I look forward to reading your posts everyday, they are wonderful. So thank you for the effort you put in.

Thursday, February 12, 2009 5:37:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I was worried you were stressed with all of the baking going on.

Sorry for lack of commenting lately. You know me and baking. I am reading though and will hopefully become inspired to do some myself some day!

Thursday, February 12, 2009 9:37:00 AM  
Blogger Lilcee said...

You broke the pretzel week streak. Quick post a post of a pretzel.

I don't know how you do it, working a 12hr shift and then baking. I wish I had your stamina.

I don't know why but I love it when Fabio speaks. I have no idea what's he saying but dammit, he accent is hot.

Thursday, February 12, 2009 11:45:00 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

Mmm cinnamon and sugar!

P.S. Dwight is my favorite.

Thursday, February 12, 2009 7:28:00 PM  
Blogger Jen14221 said...

OH! I totally also wrote about Fabio and his bunky bed too! I love Fabio!

Friday, February 13, 2009 6:41:00 AM  
Blogger Yvett said...

I think Fabio and Stefan should have their own show after this. I know I used to complain about them, but they grew on me.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 3:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home