Monday, February 16, 2009

How about a magic trick? I'm gonna make this pencil disappear.

Target is sponsoring free family days at different museums all throughout the country, every month. This weekend it was Target Free Family Saturday at the Japanese American Museum. Anything free is right up there on my list of things to do with the kids. The theme was anime and superheroes - although it didn't really play throughout the museum - the workshop activities for the kids were awesome.
My kids were totally engaged, they made masks and capes all provided with drawing materials from the museum. The Kid being the artiste was really into it and made a Batman cape. You know it's a Batman cape because it says so, by the way.

The Kid and the Baby ran around the place never taking off their homemade costumes. The Kid seemed to find a new kind of self confidence as well, I think the idea of a dual identity suits his shy nature. The museum staff were so enamored with their crazy antics that everytime I turned around they were taking pictures of the kids. Yikes. So much for anonymity.

They also learned how to make origami frogs, which let me tell you - was slightly complicated. There are two things I hate: sushi and origami. I realize that I am the worst Asian ever but seriously with the folding I'm annoyed. The Kid did his with almost no help from me (thank god) and you could even make the little froggies jump at the end. Pretty cool.
All in all it was a great FREE day of actitivites for the kids which didn't stop when they got home. The Kid checked out my Batman dvd and fashioned a set of 'horns' to finish off his mask, then set to work making utility belts for the both of them, out of paper. Meanwhile the Baby practiced jumping off the couch and not wearing pants, because 'That's what Robin does'. Hm.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

Has The Baby outgrown Wolverine?

Monday, February 16, 2009 6:49:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

If Wolverine goes pants-less, he's probably back in.

Monday, February 16, 2009 7:39:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Do you mean this Batman?

So tempted to make a crude comment about Wolverine being pantless. The Hugh Jackman Wolverine of course. I'll behave though.

Monday, February 16, 2009 8:53:00 AM  
Blogger Lilcee said...

They are just too cute. I'm giggling just thinking of the commotion they are causing running around w/ the capes.

Monday, February 16, 2009 9:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Magic Tricks said...

Hello, I'am George. Visit my website, if you want to learn Magic Trick. All tricks are video explained, so you can learn very easy. Thank you and have a great day.

Wednesday, July 01, 2009 5:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home