Wednesday, February 11, 2009

How did you know - 'cause I never told - you found out, I've got a crush on you.

Day 3 - more with pretzels. I could do a whole damn tv show about pretzels and what you can do with them. Refrigerator magnets! Scoop your cat litter! Crush them up and fill a pillow case! I haven't tired of them yet, but don't worry I have tired of writing about them.

I was watching Food Network the other day and caught that Food Network Star show winner Aaron McCargo Jr.'s show Big Daddy's House (Worst named show ever). It was pretty good! I usually stick to the big ladies, Barefoot Contessa. Paula Deen. Giada. (her head is big.) But as I watched his show I got more and more into it and he definitely makes food that is do-able for the home cook. That's a must.

On this ep he was doing a Valentine's dinner for his mom, and and both of them teared up at the end. Sweet, but good lord. That's why I can't have a tv show, I'd just be crying the whole time over nothing cause I'm such a sap. 'I burnt this toast, WAH.' Anyway, he made chocolate covered strawberries. BO-RING. Until I saw him crush up some pretzels and sprinkle them on top and I was all WHAT WHAT?Hadn't thought of that one. It sounded...good. I mean, chocolate covered pretzels. Put 'em on strawberries. What's the diff? So I tried it. Again I took melted chocolate - it's like I'm Lucy in the chocolate factory this week - dipped the strawberries, and then crushed up some of my ginormous bag of pretzels.

Wouldn't you know it...it was FANTASTIC. Wow. Good thing that dude won that show just so he could show me how to sprinkle pretzels on a strawberry. Best. Thing. Ever. My mom doesn't eat strawberries so she is S.O.L. I guess she can cry about it while I just eat these myself.

In case you wanted to know where this post title came from - this song will now be stuck in your head all day. You're welcome.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger thatShortChick said...

my mom (who worships at Paula Deen's butter-covered altar) and I have recently gotten into Aaron's show too.

she made Aaron's recipe for buffalo chicken cheese balls for the super bowl and they were delicious.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 8:30:00 AM  
Blogger bethany actually said...

As I was reading, I realized, of COURSE the pretzel-sprinkled, chocolate-covered strawberries would be good. It's like that strawberry Jell-O pie with a crust made of crushed pretzels. It sounds weird but tastes delicious!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 9:11:00 AM  
Blogger Madelyn said...

The song was stuck from the second I read the title. Dang!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 10:04:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Next time try it with chocolate-covered pretzels.

Just let THAT sink in for a while.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 3:09:00 PM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

Man, I LOVED the Jets.

I agree that his show's name is dumb but his recipes are good and easy to follow. I think the other guy's show sounds interesting- where he goes and tries out different food-related jobs.

Thursday, February 12, 2009 7:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn, I just stewed my strawberries and now wished I'd seen your blog first.

Thanks for the song (groan).

Thursday, February 12, 2009 11:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home