Tuesday, February 10, 2009

If you can grab a circle in your hands and twist it, that's an eight

Aaaand...pretzel week continues. My kids aren't allowed to eat chips, so while in the snack aisle at Target the Baby wanted pretzels. He never asks for them, so I thought that was weird. I indulged his whim, but they only had a giant a$$ Costco sized bag for some reason. Target, you confuse me.Now what the heck am I gonna do with a giant one pound bag of pretzels? I know the Baby is training to be a competitive eater, but come on. Also it somehow seems that I decided not to make any cupcakes this Valentine's Day, (thus yesterday's chocolate pretzel cookies) so maybe I'm on a pretzel kick too.

I had leftover chocolate, so I dipped the real pretzels and then covered them in the CUTEST SPRINKLES EVER. Quinns, to be exact. That's what shaped sprinkles are called, quinns. I went to Surfas with NO intention of buying sprinkles, but they had all new Valentine's Day stuff out and dammit, I could not resist. These are the most itty bitty-est things you've ever seen. I will def be rolling some cupcakes in them but for now, they look pretty good on the pretzels.I packaged my v-day pretzels up in boxes (also from Target) and they are ready to give the kid's teachers. I also packed up a box for O.G. but I guarantee that I will get a call about there being too much pretzel in her chocolate.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger lilsprinkles said...

i gotta make a run to target! those boxes are so cute. i was gonna be all ghetto and put the teacher's cupcakes on a paper plate and claim to not have had time...which really, i don't. but, i do have cute tissue paper!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 8:52:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

You are incredibly generous and I hope those teachers appreciate it and you as much as they should!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 10:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Dawn said...

Thank you for doing all this wonderful stuff and sharing it so I may attempt to make tasty cute stuff too!

Darn. I was at Surfas a few weeks ago and didn't see those awesome heart sprinkles.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 1:23:00 PM  
Blogger suburban housefrau said...

zeroes, zeroes mean so much
in numbers big and numbers small...

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 1:42:00 PM  
Blogger Lilcee said...

Maybe that bag of pretzels were for Superbowl.

I puffy heart the 'quinn' sprinkles and the boxes. I seriously need to get myself to a Surfas stat.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 2:25:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Quinns are my weakness. I have more quinns than I'll probably ever use up, hence my desire to find a pretty way to display them like you did recently.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 2:39:00 PM  
Blogger TheRightWife said...

Those look quite tasty! I need to go get some pretzels now...

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 5:07:00 PM  
Blogger misty said...

Oh, man! I wanna be your kids' teacher!

Chocolate Dipped Pretzles, or as I like to call them: PMS Extra Value Meals.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 8:43:00 PM  
Blogger Jen14221 said...

Your kids are not allowed to eat chips?
Not even Doritos?
Beware, Jenn. I was not allowed to eat chips as a child either, and that's why I became a big fat fatty later in life.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 10:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home