Friday, February 06, 2009

IT IS YOUR BIRTHDAY.

Oh man. Seriously, I think this was the best Office episode yet. I only say that because my Directv didn't tape the END of the one hour Super Bowl special. UGH. Thanks a lot.

Dwight doing the party planning was too much. The half blown balloons had me rolling and that quite obviously, was the best birthday sign ever. I agree that balloon colors should match the carpet. And the Karen angle was one I didn't see coming either.

While none of the pictures from this episode were up on the website, I did find a deleted scene from last week that mentions...Girl Scout Cookies:



I have a longstanding issue with Girl Scout Cookies because I can never find any. I work in a childless office, save for me (plus I have boys) - so there is no parent pimping to be had. Also I feel weird approaching the tables set out in front of the supermarket because I don't shop at supermarkets, (usually just Trader Joe's where solicitation is not allowed) and therefore I'd just be some freak driving up to a supermarket, buying cookies and leaving. Like that's not creepy. It just seems wrong to sell out there, don't ask me why. Probably because I was once a Girl Scout myself, and I worked REALLY hard selling those things - on the phone or door to door, by myself. I realize that you can no longer do things like that, but now where do I get my cookies??

Every year I want some and I can usually only find one box of Thin Mints if I am lucky. But Dwight's quote made me laugh out loud: "I think it's kind of dangerous to teach young girls self esteem and leadership skills." Also when he yells at Phyllis - classic.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Merrie said...

My daughter is in Brownies this year and this was our first time selling cookies. She was pumped and wanted to go door-to-door, so I went with her around the neighborhood, in addition to bringing the form to my office. I don't think it would be weird to just go to the supermarket for the coookies -- the girls selling them there are just trying to get rid of their extras, as we have to order cookies by the case, not by the box. You are actually doing them a favor.

Does that make you feel better?

Friday, February 06, 2009 7:37:00 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

The Superbowl episode was so funny that I have now watched it twice and will likely watch it more. Last night's was funny too but something about the roast of Michael really cracks me up.

Friday, February 06, 2009 8:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Annika said...

A couple of years ago (ack, it must have been three years ago because I was enormously pregnant) (ack, omg, my baby is almost three) (ack, where was I?) there was a table set up on the sidewalk on Larchmont. By the Blockbuster maybe?

Last year I bought a couple boxes at the Trader Joe's in Studio City (the girls were set up a couple stores down, I think in front of the dry cleaners).

Most years I just sigh a lot because I don't know any Girl Scouts. This year I will sigh a lot because I am trying to lose weight.

Friday, February 06, 2009 8:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Cindy in Chicago said...

If you are in dire need of Girl Scout cookies you can always buy them at your city's Girl Scout office. You can find the location on their website. This is what I did one year. I made my husband walk a couple of blocks from his work in downtown Chicago to the Girl Scout office for cookies. It was freezing cold that day but so worth it. At least for me. Good luck!

Friday, February 06, 2009 8:44:00 AM  
Anonymous marci said...

Maybe at the mall? I know for a few years I'd see them set up in the middle of our mall and I'd buy them.

Friday, February 06, 2009 10:27:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

I wish the Karen angle had been a surprise to me. the one good thing for you not getting the full superbowl taping.

Friday, February 06, 2009 1:58:00 PM  
Blogger PurrrL said...

Here's what I found for you:

Don't know a Girl Scout?
Visit www.girlscoutcookies.org
or
Contact Us!
Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles
Interim Headquarters
101 E. Wheeler Avenue
Arcadia, Ca 91006
(626) 677-2200
1 888 GSGLA 4 U
(626) 447-0683 (FAX)

Saturday, February 07, 2009 9:26:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Send me an order and I can seriously get you some.

Dude, we should totally switch offices (and careers, I suppose, okay maybe not). Then, I'd no longer be the freak without kids and you'd have lot of folks to talk about daycare, preschool, sleep training, kindergarten, breast feeding, wagons, tantrums, refusal to eat issues, etc.

Saturday, February 07, 2009 1:21:00 PM  
Blogger The Daily Randi said...

I am A Teacher. Therefore, I have Unlimited Access to Girl Scout Cookies. I have several different Dealers. Let me know What You Want and I will order them for you. Although, they haven't started Pitching to me quite yet this year. (But they will....)

xoxo,
TDR

Saturday, February 07, 2009 2:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home