Monday, February 02, 2009

Mushroom shirt with a mushroom belt, you've got to COORDINATE!

The question that I get asked more than anything via email or comments is, "Where did you get those plates??" The answer is : Fishs Eddy in New York City.

Located near the Flatiron, it is quite simply the most wonderful store in the universe. For plate freaks like me, that is. While I am a huge fan of large white ceramic, once in a while fun whimsical plates are just what I need, especially when I want to serve baked goods, or just lighten my spirits.
Walking into the store, every nook and cranny is filled with the most wonderful designs of glassware and plates as far as the eye can see. It's hard for me not to spend hours and hours in here.

As you would imagine, to lug back large ceramic plates and glasses through the airport is not ideal...though I've done it. However, I have bought from their online store and had it shipped. Oh yes, I was worried that glass would never make it across country. But I was wrong - they have an amazing wrapping system and items arrive completely intact, it's wonderful. And addictive. With quality like that you just want more...and more...

Whenever I have parties/showers to plan, I always use plates as my inspiration - for themes or what I'm going to serve. I am planning a shower in a few months...this could be dangerous.

Little Red Riding Hood glass.
Memo tray.
Woodgrain Squirrel platter.
Guest Check tray.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger The Daily Randi said...

Fishs Eddy is one of My Fave Places, too! I am a fan of Their Mugs. Also, it is a great place to kill time before a movie. (ABC Carpet and Home used to be Good, too.)

xoxo,
TDR

Monday, February 02, 2009 8:59:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Squirrel!

Monday, February 02, 2009 9:48:00 AM  
Blogger SAJ said...

See! This is why I never comment. When I do, I look like an idiot!

Monday, February 02, 2009 2:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home