Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Space invaders

Does anyone still watch Jon and Kate + 8? The show feels different now that they've moved to a big house, then again, maybe it's just that the kids are growing up.

The one where she tells the kids that they will never ever set foot in the parent's new bedroom was hilarious. I'm sure some people were appalled, but I feel the same way she does - my house is small and kids always find themselves, well...everywhere. I love my kids but they should not be sleeping in my bed or running in and out of my bedroom. Nope. Drives me nuts. Because all I want is just 5 minutes to myself. Please god, just 5 minutes of silence, that's all I ask. Even the toilet is not sacred around here. ~sighThat little bit of sancuary is all I want because the kids own the rest of the house. Especially on days like today which is full of on/off rainstorms, we are just stuck here. I hate being trapped in the house, HATE IT. So on days like this we have to make the most of it. The Kid built a few 'houses' in the living room, it's like shanty town u.s.a in here, and we picnicked, again, in the living room.
The good thing was, it gave me the opportunity to use my new DOUBLE musubi maker. Awesome. I had seen it online and begged my SiL to bring me one. I make so many that I'd been using two this whole time, now I'm doubl-y fast, yeah baby!By the way, all food tastes better on a pirate ship plate. Hopefully tomorrow the rain will let up, and we'll be back walking on the beach where we belong. Until then, I'll be hiding in my closet, which I'll set up like a Panic Room, a la Jodi Foster.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous doahleigh said...

Hey I have that plate! From you! From when I won mini cupcakes. Thanks again by the way. :)

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 6:14:00 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

OK, so you don't know me (yet) but I LOVE your blog and LOVE your stationery and have recently begun telling the world about you. Seriously, last night I was interviewed about blogging (in a teleseminar for event planners) and the conversation got around to favorite blogs and I had to mention yours as my new fave. You are so talented and your posts make me laugh out loud!
Just thought you'd like to know you have a blogstalker.
From your new BFF,
Robyn ;)

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 8:57:00 AM  
Blogger suburban housefrau said...

My 2-year old came into the toilet room the other day while I'm sitting there and I say what do you want? and he says "I'm checking out what you're doing in here, mama". Well take a BIG HARD LOOK.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 11:27:00 AM  
Blogger lilsprinkles said...

you have lil ducklings too? no doors get shut in the house...when i shower, go to the bathroom, even when i go outside to throw away the trash!

btw, we have those chairs...in the exact colors! do they use them like rocking chairs too?

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 1:21:00 PM  
Anonymous nancy in ca said...

i still watch j+k+8... def. agree w/ u about it feeling different in the new house and the kids being bigger. and understand what you mean about the kids (in my case, a barely 1 yr old) taking over the house. ugh!

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 11:12:00 PM  
Blogger Ms. Julie's Place said...

Ever wonder why solitary confinement is supposed to be considered a punishment?

Friday, February 27, 2009 6:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Shawn said...

This can't have effect in reality, that's what I think.
site

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 7:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home