Monday, February 09, 2009

Take me by my little hand and go like this

The kids have been asking to bake with me, so I said they could each pick a cookie and that we'd spend the day together making whatever they chose. A dangerous idea on my part. I let them thumb through the Martha Stewart cookie book - it works for them because all the pictures of the cookies are lined up in a row - i.e. no reading necessary.

The Baby looked and looked and decided that pretzel cookies were the way to go. These aren't pretzels, they are chocolate cookie dough, made to look like pretzels and then covered in a large crystal sugar made to look like salt. Interesting. I think he chose it because he loves chocolate - and he's more of salt eater than a sugar eater.
The recipe was good, but plain. I altered it to give it a little more sumthin' sumthin' and then dipped the back of them in chocolate to really make them stand out. Worked out much better than the original recipe. I shaped some of them into hearts to give out to the kid's teachers.

Turns out the day we decide to make the cookies the Baby was badder than bad, and on time-out for - oh, about 80% of the day. ~sigh~ I ended up making all the cookies and the Kid finished them off. The Baby got to eat them after he got out of time out...but hey...maybe that was his plan all along! DAMMIT I'VE BEEN DUPED!Chocolate Pretzel Cookies, recipe

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Ha! The baby had a master plan...

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 3:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Arlen said...

It won't succeed as a matter of fact, that's what I believe.
eggies reviews | eggies reviews | iheater reviews

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 6:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home