Sunday, February 22, 2009

A three hour tour.

At the Farmer's Market the Kid always sees people walking around drinking out of these coconuts like it's freakin' Gilligan's Island or something. He kept begging me and begging me to get one. The real thrill is watching the guy open it, with giant machette chops right in yo face. Finally one day I gave in because the Kid does like fruit an awful lot, so what the heck. So I coughed up the $4 and wouldn't you know - he hated it.

It's basically just coconut flavored water, but still. I certainly wasn't going to drink it since it I am not a fan of coconut, no way no how. I figured the human eating machine aka the Baby, would be our garbage disposal and take care of it. Even he wouldn't touch it. I brought the thing home in hopes of making something with it, but just...no. Yuck.

Also at the market I saw some brocollini and almost fainted. Anything -ini or -ette, I will buy in a heartbeat. Gotta love the mini. I love brocollini because it's more tender than regular broccoli and also doesn't have that...smell. Do you know the smell I mean? Anyway, I cooked them up with a little bit of lemon zest and it was fabulous.I am always more than willing to spend money on broccoli. It's the Kid's favorite veggie - he eats the tops, the Baby eats the bottoms. Incredibly convenient and worthy of my hard earned cash. As for the coconut debacle - now I will have to take that $4 out of Kid's college fund to punish him. When you don't graduate college Kid, you can blame the coconut.

Lemon Pepper Broccolini, recipe

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Sizzle said...

That coconut is bigger than his head! ;-)

Sunday, February 22, 2009 1:38:00 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Sunday, February 22, 2009 1:49:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I've never heard of broccolini. Cute. I love broccoli too, but suspect the tiny cute stuff costs more!

Sunday, February 22, 2009 1:52:00 PM  
Blogger lilsprinkles said...

I know the smell!!! lol...husband HATES it and ALWAYS comments about there being poop somewhere...or something dying in the house...

Sunday, February 22, 2009 2:28:00 PM  
Blogger Bully said...

Coconuts are best left to building a radio out of them.

Monday, February 23, 2009 5:10:00 AM  
Blogger Lilcee said...

how about a coconut bra?

I never thought of ever cooking brocolini. It even sounds cute.

Monday, February 23, 2009 10:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Barnaby said...

Thumbs Up
flex seal | genie bra | flex seal

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 5:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home