Sunday, February 08, 2009

We like the cars, the cars that go boom,
We're Tigre, and Bunny and we like the boom.

There's too much to do in this town...but not when it's raining. The Kid hates being wet, the Baby loves it. Figures. Trying to keep one dry so he doesn't freak and keep one from diving headfirst into puddles is no easy task. It was, however, the best opportunity ever to bust out the rainboots again. The kids love stomping in puddles and as long as they are correctly equipped, I'm down with that.

As far as the rest of this rainy weekend, I had to think up fun things for the kids to do INSIDE. Just so they settle down and so that I can get things done, I put on a dvd and let them do 'movie night'.I know it's cold and rainy but the heater is on big time in my house - good lord, not looking forward to my electric bill. And one thing the kids love is frozen Lemonade. I thought it'd be a nice treat with the popcorn, and I figured I could make my own at home pretty easily.

TJ's lemonade is delish - I just let the kids each pour in a glass into the ice cream maker and 10 mins later slushy FROZEN LEMONADE. That is some good stuff. I didn't want to share it with them, quite frankly. Then again, I could make a Cherry Coke Slushee for myself while they are busy watching Cars...

Slushies! How to, here.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Rusty said...

I can only imagine that even stuck indoors, your kids have fun! (Maybe you don't as much, eh?)

My heater is on right now. It's quite chilly out there tonight! Not big on Lemonade, but the idea of a slushie soda sounds superb! A root beer slushie...YUM!!!

Sunday, February 08, 2009 7:53:00 PM  
Blogger lilsprinkles said...

My son's FAVORITE movie...CARS! Too bad I only let him watch 10 min at a time AND ONLY if he uses the potty! Husband hears that they may be coming out with a Cars 2. Great, huh? it's just a marketing ploy so we mothers have to buy more CARS!!!

Monday, February 09, 2009 8:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home