Tuesday, February 17, 2009

White lines, visions dreams of passion

When I was reading about Darlene's caketasting adventures, I noticed that they tried a white velvet cake. I have never eaten anything but red velvet and the idea of white intrigued me. I altered my red velvet recipe a bit and played with some of the ingredient amounts. I got a very light, VERY tasty cake that had the kids begging for more. Yay, you always want that.

Instead of making a typical red velvet frosting (that uses flour) or even a cream cheese (blech, disgusting), did I mention I hate cream cheese? - I made a mascarpone frosting. Er, also, it's all I had in my fridge. It was lightweight and creamy, a perfect compliment to the cake. I sprinkled them with teeny edible pearls for a little sparkle.I'm glad to see that Darlene put her caketasting notepad to good use. Hooray! (Man, that Paul is one hard to please mofo.)

White Velvet Cupcakes with Mascarpone Frosting recipe

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger The Daily Randi said...

Mmmmmm!! That Cupcake looks Very Delicious!!!

xoxo,
TDR

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 5:30:00 PM  
Blogger Keely said...

I so need a cupcake now. Yum.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 5:34:00 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Whoa... it sounds seriously delicious!

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 6:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Lorraine @NotQuiteNigella said...

Great idea to do a White Velvet cake! It's a good alternative if you don't want to use all of the red food colouring too :)

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 6:36:00 PM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

OMG! I am in love. This has got to be my favorite of anything you've made and I haven't even tasted it yet! The pink pearls on the white frosting, I think it's gorgeous. And all you had to say was mascarpone frosting and you had me. Of course with the velvet cake - all I can say is WOW. Lovin' this post!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 1:28:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

I'm going to have to try that soon. my son makes the best red velvet cake I've had yet, so I think he'll be intrigued.

Thursday, February 19, 2009 1:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home