Monday, February 23, 2009

You may be eliminated.

The Oscars are a big deal in this town. It's like a national holiday. At O.G.'s house, even more so. I do believe she saw every nominated movie AND even some of the short documentaries. The woman loves the movies. We went over to her house for dinner - not really for an Oscar party so much - just to eat southern BBQ - because that's all we eat in our family. I knew that the kids would be too noisy and disrupt the viewing of the show, so we didn't stay long. Me, I'm more of a tv gal. To find a babysitter to go out and pay $14 for a movie that may or may not be good, eh - I'll stay home.

Sunday night was also the second episode of the Amazing Race. Like Michael Scott, I do not invest brain space in remembering these people's names yet, so I have to use word association. Team Asian. Team Midget. Team Deaf. All the rest are catagorized under Boobs or Annoying. My cousin REALLY wants to go on the Amazing Race. She'd never ask me to be her partner, I wouldn't want to anyway. The whole thing is running. Why do they put teams on who can't run?? I hate running. If a monster was chasing me down the street I'd just go, "F*ck it monster, you win. I'm not running."

I tried to convince O.G. to be her partner. I think she was more interested in eating her ribs.

Jenn: I think you should go on The Amazing Race. It doesn't matter if you are 80.
O.G.
: What is that?

Jenn
: You run around the worls and fight with your family members. Here - let's practice me yelling at you - RUN GODDAMIT, RUN!

O.G.
: Is that part of it?

Jenn
: YES.

O.G.
: Hm.

Jenn
: Let me strap a 100 pound piece of cheese to your back and you run to the street corner.

O.G
.: (wisely, changing the subject) I am going to buy Benjamin Button when it comes out on dvd.

Jenn
: Come on, you can do this!


I think my cousin's dreams of being on The Amazing Race are not meant to be.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

I've never watched The Amazing Race and have never been inspired to. (Well, I do want to see Season 1 now as a co-worker married a contestant form it). BUT, if O.G. was on it, I'd put it at the top of my TiVo Season Pass list and watch every episode!

Monday, February 23, 2009 2:21:00 PM  
Blogger lilsprinkles said...

my sis and i always talked about going on that show or fear factor. husband thinks we'd get kicked off immediately :)

Monday, February 23, 2009 2:57:00 PM  
Blogger Yvett said...

Both my mom and Rodrigo both want to go on with me as a partner. I don't get it because I'm the whiniest person I know. I don't run either. I'd end up in a fight with my mom and divorced from Rodrigo. Seriously. I like your team names, by the way.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 3:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home