Monday, March 09, 2009

Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo

I don't eat leftovers. Maybe I just need a break. I can't eat the same thing over and over it annoys me. Yet I'm fine with taking that food and turn it into a completely different meal and then serving that. I know. I have problems. Call me the Dr. Frankstein of leftovers.

Since I've been off work I've been trying to come up with recipes just from things in my pantry, and that will last us a few meals. I started out by making a roast chicken. Very simple, no brainer, a great dinner any time of the week. But an entire chicken is a lot, and I ended up with a whole half, and then all that veg.The Baby had been asking for pot pie ever since I made it the last time, but I didn't have any pie crust in the freezer. So I took a cue from all that Barefoot Contessa I'd been reading. I remember she had a chicken and biscuits recipe. I took the amazingly easy biscuit recipe, changed it up a bit, and used that on top of the pot pies instead. It worked even BETTER if that's possible.

It ended up making a lot, (plus I mostly had small ramekins, lame) soI froze the rest for dinner on another night.Round can be so boring, so for the biscuits I cut out some different shapes for the kids. Bat Pot Pie being a favorite of the Baby. Maybe Batman will get my signal and come to dinner. I hope he likes leftovers.

Roast Chicken recipe
Quick Chicken and Biscuits recipe

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger The Food Librarian said...

These look so yummy! I'm sure the kids loved them.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 12:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home