Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Cheesed off

You know what other job you are qualified for, when you only know how to draw? Nothing. I called a friend who told me there was a 20 person layoff at their firm just yesterday. Nice. No wonder the guy at the unemployment office was so mean to me, he's busier than everybody!

The Baby must be sensing that things are about to go downhill around here. He's asking me all kinds of questions. "Are you happy? Do you still love me? Do you like cheese toast?" What.

I believe he was referring to the cheddar biscuits from the Barefoot Contessa. They are surprisingly light and tasty and so easy to make. If all it takes to make someone happy is cheese toast, then cheese toast for everybody. Maybe I should take some to the dude at unemployment.
I don't have a good photo of these so I will just show you this picture of the Baby holding fake croissants. Same diff.

Cheddar Biscuits recipe

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger bethany actually said...

Mmmm, cheese toast...if only that were all it took to make people happy. :-)

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 5:28:00 PM  
Blogger Yvett said...

Your fake croissants made me laugh. I linked to you in my post today.

Thursday, March 12, 2009 8:59:00 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I've had pretty good luck with the people working unemployment here in Massachusetts. Sorry to hear that your experience was lousy--like you need that on top of everything else!

Thursday, March 12, 2009 1:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home