Thursday, March 05, 2009

Complicating, circulating
New life, new life

I don't know why every post this week is about my mother. You'd think it was Mutha's Day or something.

Anyway, whenever people tell me they 'like something', I always try and remember it. It comes in handy for birthdays, Christmas, etc. Our last Opera season ticket event I had the flu, and my mom had to go it alone. I guess she wandered the streets because she told me that she ended up at the Walt Disney Concert Hall gift store. Museum gift shops are the absolute best. WDCH and MoCA have some amazing things in there, some really unique stuff.

She said that in the gift store she saw a neat rubber purse made out of old tires. SAY WHAT. I couldn't imagine what kind of rubber purse would suit my mom, but ok. She kept talking about going back to get it.

A few weeks ago when I was downtown, I stopped by the gift shop and lo and behold, a wall of rubber purses. Imagine that. They were actually cooler than she had described. All recycled content, and mostly black with a hint of color. My kind of minimalism.

She was really surprised and happy with the gift, mostly that I remembered. I also threw a "BOOK CLUB" (a la Fight Club) shirt in there for good measure. Sure to be appreciated by any librarian.

If you listen to your friends and family, they will be so happy when you give them things, not because of the object, but because you listened to what they had to say. Now if only I could get people to listen to me. ~cough*KateSpade*cough~

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

I have that Book Club shirt (and a matching tote bag OF COURSE!). I wore it to book club once. I think they all just thought I was a bigger dork than they already knew.

Thursday, March 05, 2009 5:06:00 PM  
Blogger The Food Librarian said...

You are such a good gift giver. I don't keep track of that stuff, panic and end up giving mountains of gift cards. As you suspect, I like the Book Club shirt!

Thursday, March 05, 2009 5:49:00 PM  
Blogger lilsprinkles said...

so thoughtful. but how do you remember everything? my memory is SO BAD.

Thursday, March 05, 2009 8:39:00 PM  
Blogger Jen14221 said...

I had a Gap backpack in the mid-90's made out of recycled rubber. I LOVED it. I wonder where it is now?

Friday, March 06, 2009 6:14:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

cool but I bet it costs quite a bit. it always cracks me up how expensive recycled goods tend to be.

I like to do the amazon gift idea lists. that way I remember who I thought would want what.

you should really do something about that cough.

Friday, March 06, 2009 1:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Charles said...

I consider one and all should look at it.
gift ideas | how much are stamps | geek shirts

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 2:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home