Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Dwight: Babies are one of my many areas of expertise. Growing up, I performed my own circumcision.

My very good friend, who loves desserts as much as I do - is having a baby! So once again, I am in full shower planning mode. Much like the shower I threw last year, this is going to be a sweet shower. Think lots of desserts, LOTS. All these trips to bakeries that I've been taking? Research, baby, research. The difference is, this baby is going to be a boy! I'm very excited, although I love girls and I love pink, the chance to change up color schemes is always welcome.

I went with the same concept for the invites, if you remember the pink ones that said, "Guess who's got a bun in the oven..." except I went with a nice bright blue with a touch of red. I think it came off pretty well, and although the concept was the same, it feels like a whole new invitation.Once again, Burger Bites took center stage, and I did all I could to protect them from being squashed in the mail, but who cares, they taste good squashed anyway.

So far I've gotten pretty positive feedback from the guests who got the invite. Maybe they were just on a sugar high, who knows. The color scheme is setting the whole theme for the shower. Plenty more things to do...

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Lorraine @NotQuiteNigella said...

Gorgeous invite Jenn! SO cute and witty :)

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 4:31:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome, as always! :)

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 4:46:00 PM  
Blogger dapotato said...

awesome invite, again. even awesome-er color scheme (our wedding colors ;)).

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 10:46:00 PM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

They are da' bomb! Loved em' when you first came up with them and love the new color scheme. I told you not to listen to me, haha. Looks great, and my friends love em' too. Thanks for all your hard work!!! I can't wait!

Monday, March 30, 2009 2:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home