Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Fruit of the Loom

The cost for flowers at a funeral is astronomical. I jokingly said that we should just get edible fruit arrangements at the graveside and call it a day. So when this showed up on my doorstep, I was beyond excited...And the fact that the pineapple were cut into Hello Kitty heads? Good lord, I almost fainted from excitement. So for dinner that night we had a fairly light meal. I gave the kids cheese and salami with crackers, carrots and ranch - and the centerpiece of the meal, was the fruit. My kids LOVE fruit.

I ate about 5 sticks. Two pineapple, two strawberries and one thing of grapes. The Kid followed suit pretty much. But the Baby? He blew us both away. THIRTEEN STICKS of fruit. I didn't stop him because he needs to eat more fruit (stuck poops, shh.) plus I wanted to help him to his goal of being the world's shortest competitive eater.
Fruit on a stick is the best idea ever. It encourages kids to eat healthier and makes them feel like they are having a party. But then again, anything in the shape of Hello Kitty's head makes it taste better.

I've made my own 'edible bouquets' in the past, they are really easy to do yourself: Fruit Kabobs recipe.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Carol Browne said...

Mouth watering! YUM!

Finally, a teeny bit of good news for you. Well, a cheer-me-up anyway.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 4:26:00 PM  
Blogger Bully said...

Where did you get the monster cups? I know I've seen those somewhere before. Were those from Fishes Eddy?

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 5:43:00 PM  
Blogger The Food Librarian said...

Hello Kitty and Fruit?! OMG! That is so cute. Is this a "real" Edible arrangement? Can I actually order this? This is the greatest.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 9:34:00 PM  
Blogger My Sweet & Saucy said...

Hi Jenn,
If you check out www.vestlihouse.com you can see the cupcake liners that I will be selling. They are a company in Europe and now I am selling them here! I am selling most of the designs and they are $5.99 a pack. Let me know if you are interested in ordering any!

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 11:34:00 PM  
Blogger Casie said...

First of all I'd like to say that I love your blog. You are my most reliable blog writer and for that I thank you! Second of all, my parents sent me one of these edible fruit arrangements for Valentine's Day and it was better than chocolate (I can't believe I said it either) but after I had my fair share of the fruit (picking out all the good stuff of course - including chocolate covered strawberries! okay, so some chocolate) I then shared with my office. They enjoyed the arrangement thoroughly.

Keep up the great blog!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 9:37:00 AM  
Anonymous urban craft said...

I've seen the edible arrangements but never in hello kitty shaped heads. So cool. And is that an ugly doll glass? I haven't seen those, now must search for one. Thanks!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 10:26:00 AM  
Anonymous SuperRoni said...

Hey, I think I have that pineapple Hello Kitty stencil for toast! Got a Winnie the Pooh one, too!

Thursday, March 19, 2009 9:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home