Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I can't stand it, I know you planned it, I'm gonna set it straight this Watergate

Anyone who is a fan of citrus is usually very particular about lemon bars. The crust can't be too soggy. The filling can't be too sweet. It has to have just the right, well - everything.

I am pretty happy with the lemon bar recipe that I have, but something made me want to do something different. So I topped it with sugar and bruleed it. It was amazing. A nice slight crunch to the top, really complimented the filling.

As usual instead of eating the whole pan, I portioned it out and gave it away in baking boxes. After I gave a box to my mother she informed me that her office is going on a competition diet (whoever loses the most weight wins) but she'd bring them in to work anyway. Seems to me she's just sabotaging. Fattening up the other people doesn't make you win by default just because others are gaining weight...then again, that's a brilliant plan.

Bruleed Lemon Bars recipe.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

That sounds amazing right now!!!!

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 9:40:00 AM  
Blogger La Pixie said...

Ive been looking for a good lemon bar recipe. cant wait to try this.

also, your moms plan?? I love it. so devious and evil!! =)

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 10:06:00 AM  
Blogger The Food Librarian said...

This look delicious! I have some lemons and must try this. And your mom...she's going to win! :)

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 12:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Lorraine @NotQuiteNigella said...

I really like the idea of the bruleed top! LOL at your mum sabotaging their efforts though :P

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 5:43:00 PM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

Genius...pure genius. The favorite part of creme brule for me is the bruled top anyways. Yum! Great idea and thanks even more for sharing the recipe!

Thursday, April 02, 2009 4:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home