Monday, March 30, 2009

It's true, it's actual, everything is satisfactual.

I have been wanting to go to Bluebird Cafe in Culver City for YEARS. But their hours used to be short and only on the weekdays. Now all that's changed AND I am free in during the week, so.

The food is great, but the best deal is a hamburger, fries, salad - some amazing iced tea - AND...are you ready for this? A cupcake! All for $10. That's a good deal, especially since it's a gourmet burger on brioche and the whole meal is the size of your head. And I've got a giant head. The meal is so substantial you could get two meals out of it, not that I did of course, I ate as much as I could because it was so delicious.The turkey burger was moist and flavorful, the fries were crisp and yes, under all that, there is an entire salad. The cupcake was darn good too, I have friends that swear that Bluebird Cupcakes are some of the best in the city, and I was not disappointed. The chocolate was fantastic.

The outdoor setting is beautiful on a nice spring day, and considering that we've been having sunny weather in the high 70s, it's perfect. I will definitely be coming back to this place, mostly because...Surfas is right up the street!! Of course I stopped there after lunch, with my xmas gift cards burning a hole in my pocket. Dig these awesome new cupcake tulip papers that I got, as well as a pack of 600 brown cupcake liners. Yeah, I've got a lot of baking ahead of me...

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

You went to Bluebird WITHOUT me!?!?! ;)

And glad you liked the cupcakes. Sooooo yummy. That's an awesome deal, too!

Monday, March 30, 2009 12:31:00 PM  
Blogger dapotato said...

i LOVE their cupcakes and that deal. i am so sad i am too far away for a quick lunch there now. :(

Monday, March 30, 2009 1:53:00 PM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Monday, March 30, 2009 2:11:00 PM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

The new tulip cupcake cakes looks really interesting! (nice hand modelling by the way) Can't wait to see these in action! Wonder what you'll end up putting in them?

Monday, March 30, 2009 2:12:00 PM  
Blogger bestnonfiction said...

I found your blog via Betheboy, and I love it. However, I should not have discovered it as my tummy rumbles for dinner. That burger and those fries look delicious.

Monday, March 30, 2009 2:35:00 PM  
Blogger Lissete said...

I can't find brown liners anywhere near me. :( I just looked on Surfa's site and I guess they don't sell them online. I may have to move to CA.

Monday, March 30, 2009 8:25:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

I've lived in Culver for near all of my life and have never heard of the Bluebird cafe. (I guess I stopped at Tito's and Johnny's.) Now that's on my list of CC places to visit.

Also, I thought Surfas closed? Or did they just move?

Thursday, April 02, 2009 9:50:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Surfas just moved, around the corner.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 10:09:00 PM  
Blogger joanh said...

yeah, i love their lunch special deal.. i was weirded out but thoroughly enjoyed the zucchini cupcake...

Tuesday, October 06, 2009 4:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home