Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Life's a beach

For some reason I woke up feeling spectacular. My other friends who were laid off (there are a lot of them, yikes) said the first week is the worst, then things start to fall in to place. I am feeling that.

A trip to the beach this weekend didn't hurt, either. Sorry East Coasters, but spring has sprung here. The Kid built sandcastles and stayed faaarr away from the water. While the Baby ate a lot...and then fell into the water. I then became that ghetto person who has their kids in underwear at the beach, because I didn't have change of clothes.
It was still chilly, for Los Angeles - but the sun was out. I got a nice tan and let my worries fade away.

Cut to today, and I still feel pretty ok with life, although the Baby came home from school because he wasn't feeling well. "Stuck poops", is proper medical term, I believe. Lovely.

While he slept I wrote a list of things to do while jobless. Insane listmaker that I am, I need to write everything down all the time. Looking over it now, I think my priorites were skewed. Clearly eating cupcakes should be moved to the top.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Easter is April 12th this year.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:10:00 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Are there meds for stuck poops?

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 9:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Kristine said...

Fiber One Pop Tarts or their Granola Bars. Like 5-8 rams of fiber each, my daughter thinks they are a treat. They work & are known as Poop Tarts in our house. Good Luck!

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 9:41:00 PM  
Blogger Yvett said...

Room temperature grape juice. Seriously.



The kids are begging to go to the beach when we're there next week. I warned them it's still too cold to be in the water. Am I the only person that freezes in California?

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 10:14:00 AM  
OpenID discotrash said...

i live like four blocks from the ocean and i can definately agree that going to the beach makes unemployment pretty good.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 10:45:00 AM  
Anonymous karyn said...

I agree with Kristine - Fiber One bars.

Is that a Waldo shirt? Love it!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 11:27:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

spring is trying to live up to it's name. but winter needs it's last throw down.

I really love the feeling of crossing items off of lists.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 2:08:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Glad things are a little sunnier this week.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 9:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Jazmin said...

Definitely the first week is the worst.. going on my second week as well here.. I think I should head to the beach next week...

Friday, March 13, 2009 6:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home