Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The question isn't "what are we going to do," the question is "what aren't we going to do?"

Since I am unemployed, I guess I am the designated 'do-er'. Pick me up. Take this here. Make these. Drop off this cabbage.

Being unemployed means it's easy to go out, since I don't have anything to do anyway. When sometimes you just want to say to people, 'Hey, being laid off is not all fun and games, jackass.' Today's jackass is my mother. Except she happens to be off too - on bereavement leave. I thought I'd make her something NUTTY to lift her spirits.

I had leftover nuts from the praline cookies, so I looked in the Martha Stewart Cookies book and found Pecan Bars. A shortbread type crust, gooey topping. It all sounded great to me, til I saw it took 3-1/4 sticks butter. Yikes. While Paula Deen wouldn't blink an eye, I felt the need to change the recipe just a touch. They still came out great.

Gotta go. I have more cabbage deliveries and the like.

Pecan Bars recipe

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous kat said...

well, at least I don't see anything frozen waffle related. that's gotta count for something.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 1:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home