Sunday, March 29, 2009

To get to the other side.

In our last episode of Chicken 2 Ways I used a roast chicken for two meals. This time around, I made buttermilk oven fried chicken. Let's get this straight, I love me some regular old fried chicken...when someone else is doing the frying. I hate the popping oil, the stinky way it smells up the house. All that jazz. I won't pass up making fried chicken, I just need the time to warm up to the idea.

So I usually just go for oven fried when it comes to serving the kids. I care more about their health than my own anyway. This buttermilk fried chicken makes a great meal any day of the week, but two kids don't eat that much, so there are plenty of leftovers.

This time around I chopped up the leftover chicken, and tossed with my regular old pasta salad recipe. It was fabulous and tasty and the kids ate. it. up. What you always hope for.

Chicken 2 Ways should last me forever if I had a food network show. But then I'd have to pimp out my kids like the Deen brothers but dress them up like baby chickens. Sell it boys!
Buttermilk Oven Fried Chicken
Pasta salad with chicken

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger The Food Librarian said...

Love the oven fried chicken. That sounds great! On my to do listing!

Sunday, March 29, 2009 5:19:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

and the buttermilk soak makes the chicken so tender. I like mine with a little white cornmeal in the batter - nice little crunch.

Monday, March 30, 2009 2:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Babs said...

Yum. This might get made this weekend!

Monday, March 30, 2009 5:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home