Saturday, April 04, 2009

Big deal

I don't usually shop at Albertons but when I saw that they were having an 8 hour sale on Cheetos, I rushed right over. My FIL is coming next week and the man survives on Cheetos, for some reason. So to make him feel at home, I always buy him a bag...or four.

But this 8 hour sale, it was madness. Large bags of Cheetos were marked down to 99 cents and people - who must worship the orange stuff - were going insane. So I elbowed my way in and what did I see? A bag that said, "GIANT" Cheetos. What.

I am not going to lie, I had high hopes that I'd open this thing and there'd just be ONE giant ass Cheeto in the bag. Unfortunately they are like the size of marshmallows and while fun to look at, almost impossible to eat.I don't really let the kids eat chips, so when they saw these they begged me for one. After the one, they never asked for another. It was not fun to try and choke down a giant scratchy Cheeto with orange residue filling up your lungs.

Still, I think they are hilarious. I want am going to go back to get my FIL his own bag, but unfortunately I'll have to pay full price since the sale is over. Lucky for me, the kids now have no interest in chips after this mutant Cheeto incident.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger lilsprinkles said...

i let my kids eat cheetos for the first time a couple of weeks ago and they are hooked! i'm gonna have to buy a bag of these and hope that it disgusts them. but who are we kidding? cheetos...yummy!

Saturday, April 04, 2009 9:27:00 PM  
Blogger The Food Librarian said...

These are too big for human consumption! And your hands probably don't get the Cheetos claw of orange with these. And that is just wrong.

Saturday, April 04, 2009 9:46:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

"an 8 hour sale on Cheetos" makes me giggle...I don't know why. I hate our local Albertsons. It smells like a combination of a nursing home and rotten fish. It makes me gag.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 12:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home