Thursday, April 16, 2009

Do you wanna see a magic trick?

Seems like every other mother lets their kids watch whatever they want on tv, I guess I'm a bad mom in that I don't let my kids watch much. Their friends are really into Star Wars and superheroes, and while my kids have the toys - they've never...seen the shows. Ha. Kinda sad.

Still the Kid's active imagination drew this picture of the Justice League, which cracked my ass up. See on the bottom there's Robin, then Superman, then Batman. Above him is Flash, Wonder Woman - but then who the hell is the dude dressed in brown on the top left? I don't know, but I'll ask the Kid.

The Baby in particular is obsessed with all superheroes, Wolverine and Robin (What) are his favorites, but Batman has a special place in his heart. So it was inevitable that the Baby ask me to make 'Batman cookies.' There are many ways I could have gone about doing this, but since I was in the mood to make some durable, mail-able cookies I made cut-outs. And I just so happen to have found the perfect bat shaped cutter in my stash.

These cookies are subtle and chocolatel-y and chocolate ganache filling is really easy to make and added to the flavor.

I suppose the next step is allow them to actually watch the shows. I guess at least they aren't asking me to watch Reservoir Dogs...yet.Bat-wich cookies with chocolate ganache filling, recipe.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

My son is into super heroes too- you should check out the newly released edition of Superman by Max Fleischer- they're pretty cool- from the 40's- which for some reason makes me feel that they're better than the new stuff- it's probably just the cool art style though.- episodes are avaliable on youtube for preview before purchase

Thursday, April 16, 2009 6:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my 3 year old knew all three bottom heroes- and he says that the brown guy is hawk man- I'll be interested to know if he was correct!

Thursday, April 16, 2009 6:29:00 AM  
Blogger lilsprinkles said...

my son is phasing out cars and into action figures too. i too have not let him watch these shows but i swear he knows them all! it MUST be a boy thing. have no idea why...

Thursday, April 16, 2009 9:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Lorraine @NotQuiteNigella said...

I remembering being small and going over to the neighbour's house. The hostess made her son give me a car and I remember turning it upside down and around and wondering what to do with it. I gave it back the next day as I couldn't see why anyone would want it and the boy was clearly missing it.

Super heroes like Wonder Woman I understand though!

Friday, April 17, 2009 4:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Gerard said...

This won't work in reality, that is what I suppose.
hotels cheap | shit sex | Victoria flights

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 2:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home