Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Head like a hole

I used to get really bad migraines - insanely bad - about 3 times a week. But in some odd coincidence, I haven't gotten one in a month! Hm...? Being jobless and stress free has it's benefits.

Then Monday night, I met a friend for a nice dinner, but when I got home, I developed a migraine so bad, I actually passed out. Thank god the kids were asleep and my inlaws were here or I don't know what I'd do. When I woke up, I took Excedrin Migraine which only lead to FOUR HOURS of vomiting - HOWEVER, the migraine went away so...yay? Good lord.

I know it was from stresses earlier in the day and not the dinner, but man, it felt as if that one migraine had made up for a month without one. So far the only thing that's been working for me is drinking tons of ice cold green tea. I'm sure like all the other things I've tried, it's magic will wear off soon, but for now...I've stocked up.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger misty said...

Wait--you literally "passed out"? Go to the doctor,please! Head pain that makes you lose consciousness is serious, I think.

As a fellow migraine sufferer (which have lessened mightily since being on BP meds) I feel your pain. Imitrex was a godsend to me.

Has your doc prescribed anything similar for yours? BP meds might be the way to go, too.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 6:10:00 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

I agree with Misty...that sounds pretty serious...I've had my share of horrific migraines, and like she said...Imitrex is like magic, really...

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 6:16:00 AM  
Blogger The Food Librarian said...

Ahhhh. Sorry to hear this. That sucks. Let me know if you need someone to deliver another box of tea. Feel better.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 9:04:00 AM  
Blogger misty said...

Is it possible that you suffered a Cluster headache? Those are the one type of headache that are worse than migraines. I've heard of people taking what they call the "water cure" to keep them at bay, and maybe that's what's happening with the green tea?

In any case--go to your doctor. Please? Headache + loss of consciousness= serious condition.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 6:18:00 PM  
Blogger suburban housefrau said...

get thee to a chiropractor and/or acupuncturist! It helps tremendously with mine.

Thursday, April 16, 2009 2:33:00 PM  
Blogger willikat said...

that sounds absolutely awful. i have suffered migraines before and they are absolute hell. make sure to stay hydrated, especially after puking, so your brain doesn't get even madder at you. i have heard a LOT of people get relief from acupuncture. good luck!

Thursday, April 16, 2009 6:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home