Sunday, April 05, 2009

Hello. Is it me you're looking for?

Two things that you'll find quite a bit of in my house, Hello Kitty and Wolverine. Hello Kitty we can all understand, come on. After all I was a child of the 70s and later I worked in a Sanrio store for years. I have a substantial amount of Hello Kitty things. Ice cube trays, toothbrushes, muffin cups...a toaster and a waffle maker. Wait, do I have a problem?

What I love about Hello Kitty is the genius in the simplicity of design. The colors are flat, the lines are simple, and it's easily recognizable and loved. It's brilliant.

The Wolverine thing? Well, my brother liked Wolverine as a child, and somehow I inherited some of his crap. This is my standing explanation for the garish Wolverine pillow that is on my nice chaise lounge. Just so happens, the Baby LOVES Wolverine too. Odd, since I don't really let him watch that much television, therefore he's never even seen Wolverine in action. But he does have dolls, and shirts and figures. He adores Wolverine so much that he made up this song:

"Wolverine, Wolverine. You're so much stronger than Spider-man."

Sung to the Spider-man theme, of course. As you can see, both Wolverine and Hello Kitty are big around here. So when I was asked to draw a picture of Hello Kitty dressed as Wolverine, well...it was second nature, frankly. And that's pretty embarrassing to admit.So here she is in all her glory, in this strip for The Rack. I could do a whole series of her, I don't know what she'd do besides picnic and gather flowers dressed like that. Then again that'd be awesome.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Cate said...

I'm fanatical about Hello Kitty. I think Wolverine Kitty is pretty awesome. My new superhero.

Sunday, April 05, 2009 4:23:00 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Absolutely love it!

Sunday, April 05, 2009 8:12:00 PM  
Blogger camille said...

I LOVE IT!!!!

Sunday, April 05, 2009 10:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Dawn said...

Fantastic.

Sunday, April 05, 2009 11:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Andrea (Off Her Cork) said...

Love it! This I would sport and even wear on a t-shirt and such. She can walk around keeping the parks safe making sure all the rebels stay off the grass! :)

Monday, April 06, 2009 6:12:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

that is so flippin cool. the rack too. hey, nice rack.

sorry. just couldn't resist.

Monday, April 06, 2009 3:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Kuism said...

As a Hello Kitty addict. I understand completely. My mother worked in a local flea market that sold everything from all over the world. And I instantly took a liking to her. Although I tried to deny, she took me over after I became pregnant and adored everything pink.

My son knows HK too. He can point her out and runs around with my HK bubble bath luckily he loves Pandas and Astroboy or I'd be worried. Too bad they have no Astroboys or Kimba toys.

Sunday, April 12, 2009 2:37:00 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

I love that HK! I love Wolverine too.. great combo!!!

Friday, April 17, 2009 3:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home