Monday, April 20, 2009

It's like a heatwave, burning in my heart


I'm hot. Are you hot? Seriously, I'm hot.

I don't know where you live, but here - the sun has blazed up to 80 degrees and rising...and it's only 7am. Yikes. I live by the beach so I can't even imagine how insufferable it must have been inland.

As part of my own personal Iron Chef: Battle Lemons, I knew that something cold would be in order. I am a big fan of lemon sorbet. It's just the right amount of sweet for the perfect after dinner dessert.

Since I've also been experimenting with recipes a bit for an upcoming shower, I have a lot of pineapple lying around - so for the heck of it, I made some pineapple+lemon sorbet. Wow was it good. Very clean and refreshing.

Really easy, just lemons, pineapple and simple syrup. Great for these crazy hot days. It's not just me - it's hot, right?

Lemon + Pineapple Sorbet
recipe

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

YES! IT'S HOT!! and I'm so not ready for it, clothing-wise. It's supposed to be 98 today :-/

Monday, April 20, 2009 9:23:00 AM  
Blogger susbro said...

Yeah, hot. So hot. I can't wait to try this recipe out; I've been looking for some new things to make in my ice cream maker.

Monday, April 20, 2009 10:01:00 AM  
Blogger The Food Librarian said...

So hot. I think I have heat stroke from lunch. SOS for sorbet. I'm sure that will help.

Monday, April 20, 2009 1:19:00 PM  
Blogger Christopher Lum said...

i just spent $13 on two pints of gelato/sorbet (one sorbet and one gelato). it didn't even dawn on me to crack out the ice cream maker and use the...oh, i don't know 50 lemons that are on my tree....ugh

Monday, April 20, 2009 1:55:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

yeah....sure....hot....my forehead due to this stinking cold weather... it may be over 98.... that sorbet sounds good for that.

that's what you were looking for right?

Monday, April 20, 2009 2:02:00 PM  
Blogger diana said...

Pasadena=terribly HOT. Ewww. Please, someone make this go away. :(

Monday, April 20, 2009 7:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home