Monday, April 13, 2009

"Oh, Kent, that is so unfair! And we were going to make you King of the Winter Carnival. "

Well, Easter was Easter. O.G. planned an extensive egg hunt at her house for my kids. It started at 10am. They were done by 10:02. So, yeah. That was worth the drive over.

Later in the day we had dinner at my house and there was tons of food, but who cares dessert is all that matters. Nothing says Easter like ice cold ice cream right? Ok, maybe not, but I was not in the mood for a jello mold or a cake shaped like a rabbit. A while back I was dying for some Girl Scout cookies - see there was a reason to my madness - I wanted to make ice cream, specifically - Thin Mint ice cream.

I had a vision - what if I use that as a topper to a cupcake and make it a Thin Mint Ice Cream Cupcake? (insert oohs and aahs here) And then I thought instead of frosting the ice cream cupcake like I usually do, what if I poured on chocolate Magic Shell to top it off? Oh. Yeah. It turned out to be everything that I imagined in my head. Freakin' delicious.

Luckily everyone else agreed and the cupcakes were goners. Thank you Girl Scouts, for making my ice cream dreams come true.

Thin Mint Ice Cream Cupcakes, recipe

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger The Food Librarian said...

Love the magic shell coating of goodness. These look fantastic.

Monday, April 13, 2009 9:18:00 AM  
Blogger Wakeful D said...

Oh yes, Real Genius!! Great movie, or GREATEST movie?

Mitch: Did you know there's a guy living in our closet?
Chris Knight: You've seen him too?
Mitch: Who is he?
Chris Knight: Hollyfeld.
Mitch: Why does he keep going into our closet?
Chris Knight: Why do you keep going into our closet?
Mitch: To get my clothes - but that's not why he goes in there.
Chris Knight: Of course not, he's twice your size - your clothes would never fit him.
Mitch: Yeah...
Chris Knight: Think before you ask these questions, Mitch. Twenty points higher than me? Thinks a big guy like that can wear his clothes?

Monday, April 13, 2009 9:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Dawn said...

Another amazing feat!

Monday, April 13, 2009 2:52:00 PM  
Blogger angeltreats said...

Yay, I haven't seen Real Genius in years but I just stumbled across your blog and that quote has cheered me right up!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 5:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home