Thursday, April 30, 2009

The S is for super, the U is for unique

Here's the thing, I don't like pimping my stuff. I actually don't like to talk about my work, I'd rather have other people do it for me while I stand in the background and wave sheepishly from afar while they throw money at me. A girl can dream, right? But when you agree to do a show, you should promote it - it's good for you, good for the show.

Therefore, I urge everyone to come out to Unique L.A. May 2 and 3rd. Not only will you be supporting local indie artists, but you will also get to enjoy being out in beautiful downtown Los Angeles. What. A. Treat. But I won't have cupcakes. Sorry.

The entrance fee is $5 with 50% going to charity. It is a two day event Saturday from 11-7 and Sunday from 11-5 at the California Market.

Here's a write up by the L.A. Times (where I even get a mention!). Come by and say hello - especially if you read the blog. It's always nice to know who's reading! But not if you're creepy...

110 E. 9th St., Los Angeles. (323) 644-5516. 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday. 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. Credit cards accepted by some vendors. Discounted parking available at California Market Center. www.uniquelosangeles.com

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger dapotato said...

ninja's rock.

i was gonna go anyway. didn't know you'd be there. maybe i'll come say hi...i get shy in these real life situations sometimes. :P

Thursday, April 30, 2009 9:13:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I'm gonna try to stop by! Save a ninja for me!

Thursday, April 30, 2009 9:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Babs said...

I almost worked in beautiful downtown LA. I was crushed when I didn't get that job!

Speaking of dowtown LA, actually its Chinatown, but if I recall correctly the two aren't that far, pop on over to a restaurant called Yang Chow and order the slippery shrimp. Best.Dish.Ever! I seriously made trips to LA just to eat that dish!

Thursday, April 30, 2009 10:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Suzanne said...

Ooh, I love those ninja cards. Will they be available on your site? (pleasepleasepleaseplease!)

Thursday, April 30, 2009 11:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Jami W said...

I agree, please sell those ninja cards on your site! Pleeeeease.

Thursday, April 30, 2009 2:07:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

I want a ninja card. with a little donkey on it. a ninja donkey.

Thursday, April 30, 2009 3:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Brian said...

Oh my god, there's a great deal of helpful information here!
weight loss pills | link | buy kamagra uk

Saturday, December 17, 2011 5:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home