Friday, April 03, 2009

Tempted by the fruit of another, tempted but the truth is discovered

When you have kids I think you have to become selfless. It's no longer about you, you, you. The kids come first. You need to change your lifestyle - sacrifice things, so that they are safe. You know, like late night partying, gang affiliations...peanut butter.

I have been wanting to make peanut butter cookies for some time, but that's not an easy process around here. I need to make sure the kids aren't around, and wash the utensils really well. Allergies are a bitch.So I've been saving this jar of peanut butter from Peanut Butter & Co. for something special. Their company is NOT a part of the peanut butter recall, thank goodness, but I've just been staring at it, saving it. This is some high end stuff because when I took a Martha Stewart recipe for cookies and used this peanut butter? It completely changed it.

First of all the peanut butter has chunks of peanuts, which packs a little more punch. Also the consistency of the peanut butter is more...buttery, which makes the cookie almost melt in your mouth. It also makes it really dark...almost tan. Like the George Hamilton of cookies. Or something.
I am interested in seeing what will happen if I use my regular old everyday peanut butter next time. The recipe also said to use coarsely chopped chocolate, but that would have sorta melted into the cookie and I didn't want that. I wanted chips, big flavorful chunky ones and lots of 'em.

This cookie only furthered my adoration of peanuts. I'd like to make and eat more peanut butter things, but it's like playing with fire up in here. I feel like a drug addict or something, having to hide these potentially deadly cookies and things from the kids. "Mom, why are in the the corner...what are you eating?" "NOTHING. DON'T LOOK AT ME. GO AWAY." God I would kill for some peanut brittle right now. Mama needs her fix.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies recipe

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Sizzle said...

Those sound DELICIOUS but I am a sucker for peanut butter & chocolate combo.

Friday, April 03, 2009 8:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My son also has nut allergies, and we just started using soynut butter- the brand is I M Healthy. I haven't had pb in 4 years and this has been a life changer. I haven't cooked with it yet, but I will soon! To me it tastes just like pb.
To pass on my own mom secret- I am going to South Beach in may for a girls weekend and the first thing that I will be doing is buying pb cups!!

Friday, April 03, 2009 10:03:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I LOVE peanut butter. Between the restrictions on that and no frosting on cupcakes (excuse me, aren't those just muffins?), I don't know if I could ever handle day care!

Friday, April 03, 2009 2:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Lorraine @NotQuiteNigella said...

Arrgh! I wish we had this brand here, it sounds great!

Saturday, April 04, 2009 6:24:00 PM  
Blogger Rich said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Saturday, April 04, 2009 11:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Dawn said...

YAY for this recipe! I was lucky enough to find this peanut butter in the Gelson's in NoHo today! I guess living in the Valley has at least one advantage. :)

Sunday, April 05, 2009 11:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Dominic said...

Surely, the guy is totally just.
sex secretary | ladybug cake | Pittsburgh attractions

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 6:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home