Sunday, May 17, 2009

Earfquake!!

I'll say it again. Generally earthquakes don't bother me, with the exception of the possibility of dying in my car a la Lois Lane, buried in her car with dirt in her mouth, in Superman the movie.

Well there was a huge earthquake over here and we felt it particularly strong, because crap was flying off my shelves, cabinets and drawers opening... Ridiculous. Now I have to clean this junk up! But at least we are alive.

I haven't felt one this strong in years, and of course since we are skooled from elementary school in L.A. that you must take cover, we stood in the doorway and waited for aftershocks. The Kid was panic city, as expected. The Baby, who will not be told what to do EVER, took off and wandered the hallways while the Kid yelled "YOU'RE GOING TO DIE!" Lordy.

Hopefully there are no aftershocks, but I hear O.G. is planning to go to bed fully clothed just in case. HAW. I'd shake her bed for entertainment just to see if she's wearing a full on outfit with a purse and shoes and all.

Luckily all my shelves are earthquake strapped. Now I just need to strap that Baby down...

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger The Food Librarian said...

Wasn't that a big one?!? Glad you and the family are okay!!! Luckily, I didn't lose much stuff off the shelves...just my dead cat photo telling me to watch out. I'm like O.G. - sleeping in something presentable if I need to go to a Red Cross center. And I need to strap down my T.V. I don't want to die while an infomercial is playing. (Dude, when did you have time to blog?!?)

Sunday, May 17, 2009 9:58:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Well now I'm just sitting here waiting for aftershocks. I've packed a hobo bag on a stick with root beer and doritos.

Sunday, May 17, 2009 10:05:00 PM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

O.G. wearing her outfit to bed is killing me. Ha ha ha. Though, she is kind of thinking ahead. . . .

"YOU'RE GOING TO DIE!" HA!

I kind of miss earthquakes. All we get here it seems is rain on top of more rain.

Glad you're all okay.

Sunday, May 17, 2009 10:42:00 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Something the Kid and I have in common - panic city. I ran down my hallway to god knows where! Then I ran across the hall to my neighbor's. They laugh because I'm the CA native and they're from the midwest.

I think I might try OG's idea and where an outfit to bed. Does she include a purse a la Sophia from Golden Girls?

Sunday, May 17, 2009 10:59:00 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

That should have been *wear*! Wear an outfit to bed. Oy.

Monday, May 18, 2009 2:27:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I guess it's kind of disturbed of me that I wish I'd felt it. I was really dizzy right after though and I seriously think it was that (or the fact I hadn't eaten all day...hmmm...). I had Rusty with me and he didn't even notice.

Glad everyone is okay. Sorry about your stuff falling.

Monday, May 18, 2009 9:15:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

oh I know stupid stories...BUT - I'll never hear earthquake again without thinking of one where someone got caught in a big one on the potty...naked. they said the only thing they thought was "oh please Lord don't let anyone find me like this".

nope, wasn't me. we only get little ones so far.

Monday, May 18, 2009 2:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home