Sunday, May 17, 2009

Girls, y'all got one, a night that's special everywhere, from New York to Hollywood, it's ladies night and girl the feeling's good

Last week Nanette and I went to an event for 'influential bloggers'. I do not consider myself an influential blogger but I will happily show up for anyone giving me free lattes.

The event was sponsored by the Got Milk? campaign (that's: Toma Leche?) and it was an evening of dj music, free manicures, lattes, hair consultations and desserts from MILK. Er...I spent most of my time standing by the desserts. And eating them.I did get my free hair consultation though, from celebrity hairstylist to the stars Robert Ramos. He was just the nicest most personable guy - and knowing he probably charges hundreds for a cut, I couldn't wait for him to tell me how I should change my hair. When my turn was up he said, "Wow, your hair is perfect! Don't change a thing." Ok. That was pretty nice since I was feeling particularly hag-tastic that day, but still, my goal is to grow it out, so I asked him for a few tips and things.

Like all good L.A. events we got free gift bags filled with swag, but the best part of the night - Nanette won a $125 gift certificate to his salon! See my good luck? If I don't win, those around me win! It rubs off! (Don't rub me.)

After that, we headed to Umami Burger for dinner. This place has been all over the food blogs about being the bestest and brightest burger in town. And I have to say - they were right. The burger was really tasty - just...pure, for lack of a better word. The Portugese bread bun is what really seals the deal if you ask me. We didn't get to try the 'Truffle Burger', which is supposed to be awesome.
People have complained about the sides, and yeah - the fries were EH to me, but the tempura onion rings were fantastic. Unlike a typical heavy, breaded onion ring, these were light, not oily and delicious. The desserts there are provided by the much hyped and wonderfully named - Cake Monkey, but I was just too full. All those free treats from earlier in the evening did me in.

If you are a fan of the Father's Office burger, the Counter burger, or heck - In & Out, you must try this place. I'm not a burger fan really, but it was so tasty, I will be back for more.

All in all it was a good girl's night out away from our kids. Still - after all those free lattes and a tasty Mexican Coke (my weakness) I was up til about 2am. BUZZIN'.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger dapotato said...

yay for free stuff! and for having perfect hair.

i need to go to umami burger. must.

Sunday, May 17, 2009 12:18:00 PM  
Blogger bethany actually said...

I laughed out loud at "(Don't rub me.)" And how cool that a stylist told you that you have perfect hair!

Sunday, May 17, 2009 3:04:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

I'm trying to reach through the monitor to get to the onion rings. no luck. where's a-ha when I need them.

Sunday, May 17, 2009 6:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Jonas said...

This cannot truly work, I believe so.
couches | Ottawa airport | swinger wife

Monday, February 27, 2012 4:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Adolf said...

I fully match with whatever thing you have written.
Fast Weight Loss | Teeth Whitening Products | this site

Thursday, March 15, 2012 5:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home