Wednesday, May 06, 2009

I got a secret and I cant explain, all the time, Ive waited for this day
All along I was never in doubt, I always knew it would never get out

I walked into the kitchen to see this on the breakfast table:

Hm. Ok. Batman stopped by and didn't even say hello? Rude. Kinda like Santa Claus. Yet he left his name in magnets. Interesting...

I think Batman knows my secrets. I've been doing things while the kids are in school. Secret things. Throwing away their toys, for one. (one a day) But don't tell anyone. No, the real secret is, I've been cooking more and more with peanut butter.

It's scary to do when the kids are around, so during the day - when there's no danger of them sneaking a bite - I get to experiment with it. I got these MINI (~love~) Peanut Butter Cups from Trader Joe's. Too cute for words. They taste fantastic, however I thought they'd taste EVEN MORE fantastic baked into a muffin. Oh man. That was the best idea ever.I took my basic muffin recipe and just added these where you might put chocolate chips or any other add-in. (They are around the size of chocolate chips) They were so good and melty, the perfect combo of flavors, especially when you eat one fresh out of the oven.

I'm certain Batman knows what I'm up to. Just in case, I won't throw out that utility belt. He might tell on me.

Peanut Butter Cup Muffins recipe

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sizzle said...

You find all the good stuff at TJs! I haven't seen these and trust me when I tell you I am running over there to pick some up. YUM!

Wednesday, May 06, 2009 7:25:00 AM  
Blogger The Food Librarian said...

I love those mini-cups. They are really addicting (and cheaper than fancy salt! hee hee) Those muffins look fantastic!

Wednesday, May 06, 2009 8:42:00 AM  
Blogger bethany actually said...

I've put those mini-PB cups in cookies before, and that's excellent too! I'll have to try them in muffins.

Wednesday, May 06, 2009 10:37:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

those cups never last long enough to try to bake with them at any house I'm at.

Wednesday, May 06, 2009 2:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home