Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Michael: OK, I burned my foot very badly on my Foreman Grill and I now need someone to come and bring me into work.

Ok. I'm sure you've heard of Moffles, who hasn't right? Half Muppet, half...waffle? No? Hm. Maybe I got that wrong. Actually moffles are big in Japan, with crazy mochi lovin' Americans trying to recreate it. Fact is, just throw mochi on a waffle iron and call it a day. Anyone can do that. Still, check out how happy this Asian kid is, eatin' his moffles. That could be my happy moffle eatin' Asian Kid.





OH SNAP. Did that dude just put chocolate in that moffle?? "A meal with the convenience of snack food"?? Someone buy me this thing, asap.

But frankly, we eat so much mochi every New Year, I figured I should come up with something a little better, and a little different. So I made up some waffle batter but changed the ingredients to add some mochiko. What I got was a crispy waffle with a mochi chew, not too far off the weirdness path and perfect for brunch. But what makes it the best waffle in the world is my waffle maker:Of course. Who can resist Hello Kitty waffles? Damn, it doesn't matter what you put in there - I could put asparagus waffles in there and people would scream "AHHH THE CUTENESS. WHY DOES MY PEE STINK?" Or something.

Anyway, they turned out great. And cute. I tested them out for Mother's Day, and everyone seemed to like them, so I will be making them again soon.

Mochi Waffles (moffles) recipe, here.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger dapotato said...

i need that waffle maker. not that i ever make waffles, but whatever.

anything with mochi consistency is wonderful in my book. yum.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 9:22:00 AM  
Blogger adriana said...

Mmm. Waffles. I mostly had to comment because the title of this post is my favorite The Office episodes/lines EVER.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 10:55:00 AM  
Blogger The Food Librarian said...

That's it. You on my list. The list of people who have too many cute damn appliances. I can't believe you have a damn hello kitty waffle maker? And she gets no squares on her head? How brilliant is that?!??!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 3:08:00 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Oh my GAW! I have the same HK waffle maker and my waffles never turn out that perfect. This of course drives my little nieces nuts when they come over - I end up tearing half of HK's face and they have a melt down because it's not pretty!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 11:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home