Thursday, May 21, 2009

Notorious P.I.G.

When I give the kids a bath every night, we talk about our day and what we did. Today it seems we were all about pigs. It wasn't planned to be that way, I just noticed it.

We started off the day reading this book, Little Oink. It's from the creators of Little Pea, another one of our favorite books.


Then the Kid asked me to draw him a pig but it HAD to hold an umbrella. And I HAD to do it in crayon. (not a very forgiving medium.) I swear this kid is going to be an art director. He's so specific about what he wants whenever we do art together. God forbid I do it wrong, then he wants me to start over. Sheesh!
Then I made carnitas. Ok, sorry, I don't know how this post went from cute pigs to dead pigs, but you know. Anyway, this is my version of carnitas in a slow cooker. I just can't bring myself to cook in lard the traditional way, but still these turned out pretty ok. Carnitas recipe, here.

And finally, I designed a bunch of new buttons to sell at upcoming shows in July. One of them was - what else:
Sort of pig related. TASTY PIG, related. Bacon Love button, just $1

After this day of pigs, here's to hoping I don't get the swine flu.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger ib73 said...

Jenn, you must do a post on all your cute little do dads and tell us where you get them. Everytime you show a picture I see something different and interesting and somethings my kiddies would absolutely love. Today it't the fork. I also dig the lunch plates.

Thursday, May 21, 2009 10:08:00 AM  
Blogger dapotato said...

this button trumps the thug life one i picked out.

Thursday, May 21, 2009 11:46:00 AM  
Blogger bethany actually said...

What IS it with kids and their art-director-ness?

Thursday, May 21, 2009 11:55:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

I loves me some lard. in moderation of course. but the latina in me...yeah. lard.

Friday, May 22, 2009 2:09:00 PM  
Blogger diana said...

Love the little girl pig. You should make her into a button! Or, is that too cutesy?

Saturday, May 23, 2009 1:00:00 AM  
Blogger Jen14221 said...

Have you tried Bacon Salt yet? I put it on my Kraft Mac & Cheese last week and almost died of happiness.

Saturday, May 23, 2009 6:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home